4. Done For

Yin An was frozen on the spot, not knowing what to say. Yang Guang challenged him with a cold gaze and Yin An was sure that he would kill him if he mentioned being soulmates again.

"Tell me why you need me, last chance," Yang Guang pressed with a dangerous expression on his whitish eyes.

"Just calm down, we still-"

"CUT THE CRAP!" Yang Guang slammed his hands on the table, changing the places of the utensils with the force.

Yin An felt his heart jolted with the sudden outburst. The situation was going tailspin and it scared him. Therefore, he took a shaky breath and spilled it out, "I-I will die if you don't help me." Who knew maybe that would make a change in the white-haired man's attitude.

It indeed did. But not the way he hoped.

Yang Guang burst into a hysterical laughter, clapping his hands rhythmically. As Yin An didn't know why he was reacting like that, he opted for being silent and waiting until he finished.

"I KNEW IT!" Yang Guang claimed suddenly, his white eyes boring holes in Yin An's pitch-black ones.

"Hmm?" the scared man asked softly.

Yang Guang leaned forward and rested his hands on the table, "I knew you were just another piece of shit, trying to use me for your personal gain."

Each word stabbed in Yin An's heart and made it difficult for him to breathe. He also leaned on the table as his legs were trembling. With a little voice, he said "it is not like that..."

"No?" Yang Guang dared him, "what will I get from helping you then? A kiss?"

"I... you... have to help me to save lives even if you don't like me," Yin An tried to show him that it wasn't only about him, but the other man was deaf to his words.

"Save people?" Yang Guang huffed, "why? They didn't bring anything but pain to me."

"But-"

"NO BUTS!" he yelled and knocked over the table with a swift move, "NOW GET LOST!"

Being scared and disappointed to his very core, Yin An rushed out of the clinic with tears in his eyes, not even getting his coat. With the little energy left in his body, he almost ran all the way to his house and as he expected, as soon as he was home, his vision turned black and his unwell body collapsed on the floor.

As the bond between them formed with the first eye-contact, at the other side of the forest, Yang Guang felt a sudden painful twist in his body, but it passed after a few minutes. Then he cleaned spilled food from the floor and stuffed the containers into the very bag Yin An brought them with. He oscillated between throwing the bag into the trash bin and putting it in front of the door for the weirdo to collect, but then he saw the unfamiliar jacket hung on the backrest of the chair.

"I swear he did it on purpose," he snorted in the empty clinic and grabbed it harshly as if it was the reason for his anger.

"Even the claimed destined man tries to exploit me! How nice! What did I do to deserve such a life!" he continued to talk to himself as he put Yin An's stuff outside of the front door. Then he slammed the door shut.

.

.

.

Yin An could barely keep his eyes open after lying on the cold ground for the entire night, but he had to go and apologise to Yang Guang. He was too direct and demanding; and therefore, it was only natural for the other man to get angry. Indeed, Yin An needed him, but it had never crossed from his mind to use his soulmate. He genuinely believed that they would be happy together after being excluded from the society that long, but apparently his aggressive attitude irked Yang Guang.

So, an apology and some time were needed.

Dragging his feet on the fallen leaves and trying to ignore the severe headache, Yin An arrived at the small clinic and saw his stuff were lying outside dejectedly. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door, determined not to leave until Yang Guang opened it.

Well, Yang Guang indeed heard the persistent knocking, but sensing it was the weirdo, he chose to ignore it. He rather gave his attention to the almost dead hunting dog lying on the operation table.

"You should have been dead, but you are lucky to meet me," he said with a smile and took the poor creature from the threshold of death.

"I won't leave here until you talk to me."

As the voice was coming from inside the clinic, Yang Guang let out an irritated sigh and left the now-sleeping dog on the table to shoo the weirdo away.

"You have something wrong with your brain," he said as soon as he saw the small man standing near the door.

"Maybe," Yin An smiled softly, "but I can still realise when I make a mistake."

Yang Guang tilted his head to the side and stared at him, silently asking "is that so?"

"I was too aggressive, I am sorry. I still believe that you are my other half and I want you to know that never in a second that I thought to use you. Yes, I need your help, but I won't pester you. I just want you to give me another chance to introduce myself, maybe we can pass some time together as friends-"

Before Yin An could finish his words, the dog barged in and attacked him as it felt the bad energy coming from Yin An and wanted to protect his saver from him.

"TAKE IT AWAY!" Yin An shouted in panic as he struggled to save his leg from the mad dog, but it was almost as big as him and managed to knock him to the floor.

Yang Guang wanted to step in; however, before he could take a step, the dog collapsed on the floor next to Yin An, unmoving. With a deep frown, the vet crouched down in front of the poor creature and saw it was dead.

That weirdo killed it. Even without touching it.

"nonono...not again...hunt me...they will...again... no... nonono..." Yin An started to mumble with a horrified face, his eyes stuck on the dead dog. All his past flashed across his mind and his panic got severed.

Although Yang Guang had no pity for human beings, seeing Yin An like that, his frozen heart ached with pity. Unwittingly, he reached his hand to cease his panic, but Yin An suddenly jumped on his feet and rushed out of the clinic.

This time he was done for...