10. Don't...

A dinner.

Yin An thought about it for the millionth time as he wore his apron to cook lunch. Although he didn't dwell on the topic on the previous day, he felt Yang Guang's silent give in, so today he was going to ask for dinner. Finally, he felt like making some progress with the cold man; therefore, he was determined to grasp the opportunity with both hands.

With a content smile, Yin An prepared his ingredients, but only after ten minutes, he felt exhausted and had to lean against the sink to balance himself.

"Hope I didn't catch a cold," he mumbled as he checked his temperature with the back of his hand. Was he a bit warm? He hoped it wasn't the case because it usually took him a week to get well again.

Hastily, he swallowed a few pills for the cold and continued with his preparation. For the next hour, he cooked diligently, but his symptoms worsened. Cursing his fragile body, he swallowed a few more pills (his power was making the pills useless) and drank some ginger tea, in hopes to soothe his aching throat. As he still had half an hour before his usual time to go to the clinic, he wore a thicker hoodie and went under the duvet to rest for a short while.

However, as he was sicker than he thought, he fell into an uncomfortable yet deep slumber and missed lunch time.

While he was in dreamland, a certain white-haired man checked the time for the hundredth time and sighed. Is he busy? What if he got sick? Why not give me a call? he repeated inwardly and then realised he actually got Yin An's number on the previous day. Hastily he fished out his old school phone from his pocket and gave him a call.

That annoying beep sound kept ringing, but there was no reply.

"Great!" he exclaimed in the empty clinic, his deep voice echoing and mocking him back. As the mental images of the previous time when Yin An having an attack on the floor were still vivid in his mind, he decided it was better to check on the fragile man.

He grabbed his brown jacket to leave, but the ringing of his phone stopped him. Thinking it was Yin An, he rushed back to the counter for his forgotten phone.

"Yin An?" he called out without checking the caller ID.

"Yang Guang?" the voice replied with confusion, "it is me, Lan Wei."

"Ah," Yang Guang was disappointed, "why did you call?" he asked curtly.

"I will bring LuLu for the injection, still remember?"

Yang Guang pinched his nose bridge, "let's make it tomorrow, I have to go somewhere."

"Hmm, with that Yin An guy?"

"None of your business," Yang Guang snorted and ended the call. Then he rushed out of the clinic. As it would take more time by car, he simply ran to the certain house.

He knocked the door with his fist a few times while calling out Yin An's name anxiously. Although the wooden door shook dangerously under the excessive force, it remained closed. When he decided it was time to break the old door for the second time, it opened slowly, revealing a dishevelled sushi-roll like figure.

"Y-Yang Guang?"

Hearing the voice he yearned to hear for the entire afternoon, Yang Guang closed his eyes and heaved a relieved sigh. As the tension left his body, the anger crept into the vacancy.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" he asked coldly as he pushed the door open and entered the small house, uninvited.

"I worked until late, so I dozed off," Yin An covered up him being sick as he averted his gaze from the burning one.

"Really?" Yang Guang wasn't convinced, but what could he say? Hesitantly, he stood for a few seconds, thinking of an excuse to stay there, then blurted out "shall we eat lunch?"

"Sure!" Yin An beamed and almost pulled him towards the small kitchen. With his replenished energy, he turned on the cooking units to heat the food. He also got the utensils without any problem. However, when he grabbed the bowls, the sudden dizziness hit him hard again and the edges of his vision darkened. Trying not to show his condition to Yang Guang, he leaned his torso on the counter and closed his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Yang Guang asked immediately as his focus was solely on the small man from the beginning. In case, he also rose to his feet and approached the standing man silently.

"I am..." Yin An started with difficulty, but before he could utter another word, he felt like all his life force sucked out of him and his body almost collapsed on the floor...

... if a sturdy body wasn't behind him.

"Ying An!!!" Yang Guang effortlessly grabbed his small figure while the unlucky bowls hit the floor and broke into million pieces. As the floor became dangerous, Yang Guang simply lifted the half-conscious man and carried him to his bed.

At first, the anxious man thought the small man was having another power attack, but as the latter was looking at him with glazed eyes, he realised it wasn't the case. He put his hand on his forehead and felt his body burning with fever.

"Did you catch a cold?!" Yang Guang asked, disbelief lacing through his words. Even a simple cold was enough to knock the small man down. What the...

Yin An slightly opened his dry lips as if to say something, only to end up coughing. Hastily, Yang Guang grabbed the water glass on the bedside table and helped the sick man take a sip.

"Why didn't you ask for my help when you have been this sick?" Yang Guang almost yelled at him with anger, then he took a deep breath to calm himself down. He raised his hand, aiming at Yin An's forehead to release his healing power.

"Don't."