Chapter 20

(I'd just like to point out that I'm sorry that I quote somàj, but PTX is my life so it's hard not to xD)

Also, to get the full effect of this chapter, listen to the music stated in the book whilst you read, to get in the mood.

Kevin's POV

Lucy was standing (by) on the couch, her phone in her hand, looking down at us all. The room was still dark and the lights were still going, but it was eerily quiet. Mitch and Scott were still holding hands. Are they together? I thought they were just BFFs. Avi and Verity were standing (by) opposite each other, and they were staring at Lucy. Verity was looking kind of worriedly at Lucy, but she was just smirking back at each her. Was is about to happen? Should I be scared?

Suddenly, Anaconda came booming from the speakers. "No!" Avi said above the music. I burst out laughing, causing Verity to laugh. "Your laugh though Kurvy!" Scott looked really surprised and his hands were covering his mouth. "Yes, Slay!" Mitch said, as he began to sing/rap along. Lucy just giggled and then put on another song. This time it was Hips Don't Lie.

"Avi, this is your jam!" Lucy said, jumping off the sofa and running over to us. "Dance!" she said, laughing. Verity grabbed her hands and began to do really fast ballroom dancing, it looked a bit like the cha cha. Scott and Mitch were wiggling their hips and grooving, alcohol glasses in hand. Typical. Avi watched the girls for a bit, and then began to sway his body. I just kept on letting my body flow with the music.

"I meant dance with Avi not me!" Lucy said, dropping V off next to him. They just looked at each other, and then began to dance together, wiggling their hips around having a good time. Lucy went and sat back down, and I joined her. We watched the 'love birds' as you could call them. "So, our mission is to get them Avi and V together, and Scömìche" Lucy said to me. I smiled, "What's their ship name?" I asked her. "Avivi." (pronounced AHHH VEEEE VEEEE) "and its my OTP." She said. I nodded, "I have to admit they are pretty cute together." I looked over at them dancing together, "She's clearly learnt something from Avi" Lucy said.

Scott and Mitch were getting pretty drunk, and they looked pretty ridiculous. They were sort of grinding/humping each other, but also dancing. "I think they're already together to be honest." I said, watching them. Lucy smiled, "They better be by the end of tonight." I thought for a moment. "Well, don't forget they are best friends, and we don't want to ruin the amazing relationship they already have with each other, so keep that in mind."

Mitch's POV (slight warning)

"Scott you can do better than that!" I said, taking another gulp of alcohol. "You really want it?" He sad to me, I smirked, "bring it on!" He began grinding me and wiggling his hips behind me. I shoved my butt into him. "Staph!" Scott wailed, giggling like crazy. I pushed harder against him, causing us to become even more excited. "Let mommy give you a show!" I said, twerking around his crotch. He giggled with delight.

Avi's POV

Verity was dancing in front of me, she looked so pretty. The song kind of gave us only one choice of dance move, so we just stood there moving our hips to the music. She lifted up her hands and shimmied back towards me. It's like the chair girl but the other way round, sort of. I air grinded her, she looked back at me and grinned, and then quickly stuck her tongue out at me. Is she teasing me?

We turned back around to face each other, and I noticed that she was watching me weirdly. "Sorry," she said, "but you're just so good at dancing, and you look so..."
"So... what?" I said. She blushed. "Sexy" she muttered quietly. I smiled, "so do you." I said. She smiled.

The song finished, and Pentatonix's cover of Valentine came on. Verity immediately started singing, and I joined in. In the background you could here Scott and Mitch yelling at the top of their lungs. The song was really slow and we stepped closer to each other. Verity is really pretty, and it's nice to be this close to her without being questioned. Mitch's pretty voice (in the song, not him yelling xD) flowed though the room. I looked into Verity's eyes. They were a really pretty mixture of green, blue and grey. Her ginger hair flowed over her shoulders. I fiddled with the tip of it in my finger tips. She looked at me and smiled, then looked down at my feet.

Her hands were by her side, I reached out and she slotted hers into mine. They fitted perfectly. She put her head against my chest, and we swayed to the music, quietly singing along. I shut my eyes. I really like her, even though I've only known her a few hours. Its her birthday next weekend, and I want to do something special for her. I felt her heart beat against me, we were beating in time, as though we were one body. How I wish we could be as one. (if you know what I mean xD) We spent the rest of the song just slowly swaying and being peaceful.

I looked down into her eyes and she looked back up into mine. How I wish that she could be mine. "Hey Avi, it's getting kind of late, we should probably go back home." Kevin said to me. I looked sadly at him, then at Verity. "I don't want you to go." She said. Her hands were still in mine, I never want to let go. "Do you want to come to my place?" I asked her. Please say yes. She frantically nodded. "Please." Lucy turned off the speakers and coloured disco lights, and put the normal lights back on. Scott and Mitch were asleep next to each other on the couch.

"Come on then," she said walking towards the door. Verity and I let go of each others hands followed her out the door. I just want to hold them again. Kevin shut the door behind him, and walked to his house. Lucy stopped outside hers. "Avi you look after Verity." She said to me. "Why wouldn't I?" Lucy smiled with approval. "See you later then," Lucy said to Verity. "Ok, and prepare yourself when you go in there, you may find we have a visitor." Verity said to Lucy. she looked a little confused, but nodded and walked through the door.

"Ok, well welcome to my house." I said to Verity, following Kevin into our shared apartment. Kevin opened the door for her. "Enjoy your stay!" He said. She smiled at us, "I'm sure I will!"