Chapter 1

Verity's POV

~~~

"I have something to tell you. But when I do, please don't hate me." He paused and glanced over his left shoulder, looking at the skyscrapers below the balcony we stood on. Verity, I think, actually, I know, that I am absolutely in love with you." He sounded really shy, so I smiled reassuringly. "But you mean everything to me, and I don't know if you feel the same. And I'm praying you do because I love you, and I can't live without you and..."
I cut him off "It's ok, because I love you too, I love you more than anything else on this planet, but I was too nervous to admit it." I told him, staring down at his black and white converse trainers. He loves me!
Stepping forward, he pulled his hands out of his jean pockets and ran them down my arms, and taking my hands. They fitted perfectly, like they were meant for each other. I slowly looked up to meet his beautiful green eyes, and I couldn't help but smile. "Verity," he said, "I love you, and I can't take it any longer. I can't jut be your friend anymore, I need to be more than friends, I need your love, and I need you." He gazed into my eyes lovingly, and I felt them begin to water. "I must ask you a question." He said, stepping closer again so our chests were almost touching. "Please, will you be my girlfriend?" His deep and soothing voice was melting my heart, and I nearly shouted out "Yes!"
He smiled and before he could say anything else I let go of his hands, stepped closer so out bodies were touching. He placed his hands on my face, and leant in and he closed his eyes. I closed mine and our lips collided. My heart was exploding and he kissed me with passion that left me hungry for more. I moved my hands from his waist to his neck, and twiddled with his long black hair. Eventually we pulled back, and rested our foreheads on each others. "Yes, of course I'll be your boyfriend." I said with the biggest smile my face could pull. He stroked my face, and pushed a stray hair behind my ear. "How are you so pretty?" He said. I giggled, "No, how are you so..."
Suddenly the floor to the balcony gave way under our feet. I screamed and grabbed his arms, and we hit the floor with a hard *thump*.

~~~

"Aaaaargh!" I screamed, jumping upright from my bed. Ugh, another beautiful dream about Avi Kaplan, my crush who's a member of Pentatonix, that turned into a nightmare, it's probably all the hot chocolate I drank last night. I flopped back down on to the bed. I yawned, and I stretched and reached out for my white iPhone 5S on the bedside table. 7:47am. Ugh. I scrolled through the list of notifications, there were lots of tweets from the members of Pentatonix, my favourite band ever. My friends save that my obsession is so extreme its taking over my life, but i feel much happier now than before i knew about them, so i think its made my life better. I yawned again and unlocked my Phone and clicked on Twitter. I adjusted my pillow as I waited for it to load up my feed. I liked and retweeted some tweets, and then went on Skype. There were a few messages in a group chat in between my American friends, but unfortunately there was nothing interesting or regarding me, so I replaced my iPhone on the bedside table.

I had flown over from England last night and was staying in a nice hotel with my best friends Lucy and Connie, which were sleeping in other rooms across the hallway. Later today we were going to meet Dan and Matt, my American friends we had met in the Internet, at Starbucks, and then Matt will drive us all to our new apartment, which happens to be in the same building as his, which he shares with Dan. Connie, Lucy and I had wanted to live together for years, and finally we had saved up enough money to buy an apartment in LA, America. We chose to move to the USA because it has SO much to do, and because Pentatonix live here.

I got up and headed to the small ensuite in my cream coloured room. Literally everything was perfectly presented. Even though this wasn't the poshest hotel, it really was displayed like one. On my way there I turned on a radio that was on a small table next to a lamp. Happy by Pharrell Williams began to play quietly. Good, I need something like this to cheer me up. I walked over the sink and stared at my poofy ginger hair in the mirror. I turned on the tap and washed my face. It had been a very long week, and i wasn't to happy to be wakened from my beauty sleep. But the music was helping me to get out of my mood. I was normally really happy.