Chapter 23

Verity's POV

"I'm not talking to you Connie" Lucy said when she asked her what the time was. Connie sighed, and took another mouthful of the pasta we got from this salad shop. "Its 2:30" I said. Lucy rocked back and forth on the chair. "Hey Lu..." I said. "Nope!" she replied, picking up a blanket and putting it over her face. I got up my phone and texted Scott.

Verity: Hi, how's u? Do you have Ryan Parma's number?
Scott: I'm good, you caught me at the right time, we're just waiting for Avi and Kevin to finish recording. Yeah, but I thought you got it at the party the other day...
V: oh yeah, well thank anyway, have fun at the studio, see you soon! Xx
S: Your welcome, thanks, bye!

I got up Ryan's number and texted him.

Verity: Hey Ryan, I met you at that party Scömìche had the other day.
Ryan: Oh yeah, hi! how are you?
V: I'm fine thx, but can I arrange something with you for my friend Lucy
R: yeah, I remember her
V: she's obsessed with cameras, can she come to yours or something so you two can talk?
R: yeah sure! I like talking about cameras, when? I'm free now.
V: that will be fine! could you pick her up, as we don't know where you live, we're in between Avi's and Scott's.
R: yep, ok see you soon!
V: thank you so much! see you soon Xx

Well that's sorted. "Hey friend." I said. She snorted from under the blanket. "I've booked you a date with a camera or too." I said. She flung the blanket off her. "What?" Connie looked at me confused. "You know Ryan Parma? He's a cameraman, he films some of PTX's videos." I said, Connie nodded. "Well, he's coming to get you very soon." I said. Lucy jumped up and ran around the couches. "YAY!"

When Ryan arrived, Lucy opened the door before he even ran the doorbell. "Hi lets go bye!" Lucy said as she opened and shut the door. I made eye contact with Ryan as the door closed, he looked so surprised. So she's gone.

"I'm bored..." Connie said. I looked over at all the stuff we bought earlier that was still in a heap. "We should probably clear up this mess." I said.

~~~

"I think we did pretty well today." Connie said, putting the last bag in the bag that held bags. I nodded. "But I doubt we will ever get Lucy back." She laughed, "That's true."

Lucy's POV

I can't believe it. I just got to look and try out all the different cameras that Ryan has, including a PHANTOM! And he told me loads of useful information. And then guess what he did, he GAVE ME a Canon D7 because he had bought a new better camera recently. I. can't. I am holding my own Canon. Nope.

Ok so I've arranged to meet up with him, as the others will think I'm at Ryan's, so they won't suspect anything. I'm waiting in the cafe he hold me to wait in. I've missed him since i last saw him. I saw him walk past the window, and I hugged him when he came in. "Hi babe," He said, I frowned, "Don't me that, it mades me cringe." I said to him. We sat down. "Fine, hi baby cakes." I cringed, "that's even worse!" I said laughing. He just smirked.

The waiter came over, "What can I get you?" He looked over at me. "Um, just two coffees please." She scribbled it down. "Anything else?" I looked down at the menu. "And a slice of chocolate cake each please." He smiled at me, "You know me well." She walked away. I put my hands on the table, and he put his in mine. We leant in. "How long do we have to keep this secret between only us." He asked me. I shrugged, "Well they'll never believe me if I tell them..." I said. He thought for a moment. "Well, you could always trick them, and then prove them wrong." he suggested. "Perfect!" I said.

We talked for a while, and I showed him my camera, which he liked, and he showed me some tricks about it. Soon, I had to go, otherwise Connie and Verity would get confused and worried. "Well its nice to see you again." I said. He looked sad. "Do you have to go already?" I nodded. "Yeah, but don't worry, it won't have to be a secret soon, and then you can spend as much time with me as you want." I said. He smiled. We finished our cake and coffee, and then hugged each other. "See you soon then." I said, and we walked our separate ways.

Connie's POV

There was a knock at the door. Verity and I looked up from our laptops, and Lucy came running in. "CAMERA!!!" She shouted, running around and then jumping on the sofa, and hugged it. "What, how did you get that?" Connie asked. "RYAN GAVE IT TO ME!!" She said. "NOW I CAN TAKE PICTURES OF SCÖMÌCHE AND AVIVI IN HD!"
We laughed, "And that means you can record music videos for me!" Verity said. She looked so happy. Lucy just sat on the sofa cuddling up with her camera for ages, she looked so peaceful. cx

Suddenly there was a loud *BANG* outside. We ran to the window. "Oh my god!" I said. Loads of people were running around and screaming, and there in the middle of the street lay a man, covered in blood. We saw a person wearing black run away round the corner into the shadows. Lucy dropped her camera on the sofa and pegged it out the door. "Lucy no its too dangerous!" Verity shouted after her, "Don't go outside!" Lucy shook her off, "No! I need to help him!" She shouted. I ran up to her and grabbed her arms, pinning her against the wall. "Don't go down their! Someone just got shot! You could get killed." I said.

Lucy began to cry. "What's wrong?" Verity asked her. "Its fine, the police will have it under control, and we don't know that person!" She pushed me off her, "Woah Lucy, what's wrong!?" I said. She ran down the stairs, eyes streaming. She stopped and looked back at us. "You might not know him," She cried, "But I do."