Chapter 27

Lucy's POV

"Bye!" I said as Connie and Niall left with Dan for the sushi bar. The moment they'd gone I shut the door and pegged it to my phone. As quick as I could I found his number and texted him.

L: the coast is clear,
G: I'll be there ASAP
L: btw ASAP could secretly stand for a salad and pie, angry Santa ate poison, or animals say ah hot puntually ;)
G: no I think it means a sexy ass person aka me
L: ha right, c u in a mo

I quickly tidied away some stuff and changed into some nice clothes. Now everyone's out for the whole day he can come here and not get found out. I guess I'll have to tell everyone soon though.

There was a knock at the door, and I ran over and opened it. "Hi Lucy!" He said. I smiled. "Hi Gavin!" This was the first time he's been here, so I let him in and showed him around a bit. We made some drinks and then sat down on the couch.

"So where's all your roommates and friends got to then?" He asked me. I shrugged, "my friend Connie and her boyfriend Niall and my friend Dan have gone to a sushi bar, but I don't know if they'll do something afterwards." I said. He nodded. "And Verity and her almost boyfriend Avi have gone to the mountains for the day." I said.

"So when can I actually meet them all and not be a secret?" He asked. "Not long now," I said. "I'm planning on telling them soon, but not yet." He nodded, "ok, but remember that if you don't tell them soon enough they'll probably find out for themselves." He reminded me. I nodded, "I know."

I lent on Gavin, and he stroked my face, whilst examining my camera. "Remember the time when you came to my place, and we were playing with the cameras, and you got a phone call and answered it, and then remembered you shouldn't have because your friends might've found out about me." I nodded, "So you tried to tell Connie that you couldn't call, and then Michael went and swore really loudly, and Connie asked 'was that Michael?' And you had to say yes and that you were watching a video." I smirked. "And she asked what video, so you said one, and me and Michael had to reenact it so Connie wouldn't get suspicious." I nodded again, "I will always remember that!"

I yawned. "You tired?" He asked. I nodded. "Aw, you can sleep if you want to." I shook my head, "I don't like sleep, sleep is a waste of time, and I have bad dreams all the time" Gavin looked at me with a worried expression. "It's ok, they're not real." He said, and he put his arm around me.

"I know, but they're so life like for me, and I even dreamed that I was in other people's POV, and when I woke up Verity and Connie had an evil person face instead of their own." I sniffed. Lucy don't cry, your manly. "Aw Luc it's fine." He said again. I cut him off. "But it's not, because I dreamed you died, died Gavin. That's 100% not fine. I never want to loose you, and I especially don't want you to die." A tear escaped my eye. "And I wanted to help you, but I couldn't because I couldn't tell V and Connie about you." I wiped my eyes.

Gavin hugged me tightly, comforting me. "Just always remember that I'm always here, and I love you, and I never want to loose you either. And I want you to be happy, and never scared. I will stay by your side always... Unless there's wet bread involved." That made me laugh a bit. "Thank you, I love you so much." I said.

Gavin looked thoughtful for a moment. "I want to make it ok for you to go to sleep, so I've got an idea to make sleep useful and not scary." I looked at him, "how?" He smiled, "lie back down and I'll show you."

I lay back onto him and did as he said. "Ok close your eyes and follow me word for word." This feels weird. "Ok so imagine that you are in a treehouse." he said. I smiled. "And this treehouse is the best treehouse in the world. It has everything you've always wanted, it's your dream treehouse, and if you can imagine it, it's got it." I snuggled up against him, and imagined the most incredible treehouse ever.