Chapter 4

Verity's POV

The boys carried the bags into the lift with Connies help whilst Lucy and I took the stairs because there wasn't enough room. And plus I don't really like lifts.

"What floor is it on again?" I asked her. "Don't ask me that! You know I have a memory worse than a goldfish" she said. "ok well we will just have to check each floor or something." When we got to the first floor the lift was still going up so we continued up the stairs. "my legs are hurting a bit" Lucy said. "well its better than going to the gym!" I said "well I like the gym" Lucy said. "then stop complaining!"

"How many floors are there!?" Lucy asked me after we had just got to the third floor. "I think there's 8, including the ground floor." I said. We began climbing up the fourth flight of stairs. "I think I can hear someone talking" Lucy said "yes, that sounds like Dan, oh I'm so excited!" I cheered with glee.

"You took a while to get up here" Matt teased as he took the last bag out from the lift and started walking down the corridor towards an open door. "well you did take the quicker option" Lucy said rubbing her legs. we followed him down the corridor until we got to room number 11, my favourite number.

"they're aren't very many apartments on each floor" I said, "whys that?" Dan came out into the corridor and smiled "its because the first 4 floors are the 'luxury' apartments and they are bigger than the other apartments, so you can only fit a few on each floor. Only the richer people can afford them." Lucy snickered "So we're rich then!"
"Oh I wish," Matt said "And Dan means that the druggies live upstairs basically." we laughed. "where's Connie then?" Lucy asked. "in your luxury bathroom!" Dan said.

"Wow this living room is amazing!" Lucy said, jumping onto one of the sofas. There were three big sofas, one along the wall and two coming off that on a right angle, so it was in a horseshoe shape. In the middle of the sofas was a small wooden coffee table, and on either side of the sofa against the wall were two bookshelves. there was a large fancy window opposite the door, and then there was some other furniture too, like a flat tv that was opposite the sofas. there was a large rug behind the tv, and behind that was the wooden table with six chairs. the walls were white, and the curtains were cream, matching the sofas. all out bags were piled in the corner by a desk with a laptop on it, on your right when you go through the door. all the sofas were on the left. on the walls were a few paintings of the sunset and woods.

Behind the table was the kitchen work surface, and Dan had began to empty some shopping into the fridge on the other side of the open planned kitchen. Next to the window in the wall on its right was a corridor leading off to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
"We hope you guys like where we put all the furniture!" Dan said.
"Well you better because we've spent days doing it!" Matt said.
"Oh we like it alright!" Lucy said from the sofa.

"So I guess we get a tour of the apartment first." I asked Matt.
"Yeah let's just wait for Connie." Just as he said that Connie came skipping round the corner with a huge smile on her face.
"That bathroom is fancy!" we giggled.
"ok so how many bathrooms and bedrooms?" I asked.
"There's 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, but 1 bedroom has an ensuit." Dan said, walking into the living room. I shut the front door behind me and glanced around. this was going to be amazing!.