Chapter 21: That's hilarious

This one does not follow an episode

Dean would miss this. Waking up next to Alexis, her head resting on his forearm, her fingers intertwined with his. She looked so peaceful, like nothing in the world had ever hurt her. It broke Deans heart that even he had hurt her. He never wanted to do that. Seeing her hurt made his chest tighten and his heart twist painfully.

Dean rolled over, wrapping his other arm around her waist. He presses a kiss to her shoulder. "I love waking up with you beside me." He whispers in her ear.

Alexis hums, "You can sweet talk all you want, you're not getting any."

Dean chuckles. "I can't just tell you I like waking up with you?"

"No." Alexis jokes.

Dean sighs. "I'm really sorry about yesterday, baby."

"I get why you did it. I was trying to do the same. I'm sorry too." Alexis untangled herself from Dean, standing up. "I'm gonna go shower."

"And I will be joining you."

~~~

Alexis bit her lip as she ran the razor over Deans jaw as she sat on the bathroom counter, A towel wrapped around her and her hair still damp. "You know, I was thinking--"

"Oh, no." Dean smiles at her as she rolls her eyes and smacks his bare chest.

"You really gonna test me when I have a razor in my hand?" She asks.

"Eh, if you were gonna kill me, you would have done it yesterday." Dean lightly squeezes her thigh. "Plus, you've got that look in your eye. So...."

"Whatever." Alexis uses her pointer finger to turn Deans head slightly. "Anyway, I was thinking, I have to have some answers. I mean, every time we talk to demons or whatever the hell Carly was they say something about my mother--Be still--and A bunch of shit that makes no sense. I think I'm gonna try to summon a demon. Eric, probably. See what answers I can get."

"Hmm. Okay." Dean gently grabs her wrist and turns to meet her eyes. "Whatever you wanna do. I'll be there. Right by your side."

Alexis smiles. "Thank you."

"I'll be there." Dean leans toward her, but Alexis set a hand on his chest.

"No, no, no." She chuckles. "I don't think so." Alexis grabs the hand towel that sat beside her, wiping the small amount of shaving cream that was left off of Deans face. "Now you can kiss me."

Alexis sets a hand on Deans jaw as he leaned in, bringing her lips to his. A whining from the doorway made the two look over. June sat at the door, head tilted to the side.

Dean groans. "I'm going to kill Vivian."

Alexis laughs.

~~~

"Sweetheart, you don't have to do this. You know that?" Dean set a hand on Alexis' arm as she took a deep breath. He could tell she was nervous, she'd never admit it but she was.

Alexis looked up at Dean, setting her hand over his. "I do, Dean. I need answers. I sure as hell ain't waiting any longer."

Dean nods his head, taking a step back. Alexis shook her hands that rested by her sides before starting the summoning ritual. She hoped Eric would show and not just some random demon that probably couldn't help her anyhow.