Chapter 65

Jen's POV

Foreboding; A word used to describe the feeling that something bad was going to happen. A word best used to describe how I had been all week.

I hadn't seen my boyfriend in nine weeks. The first four were hard, it was around the fifth that I got used to the empty bed, the lack of his scent, the absence of his touch, and the half a heart feeling I had when he wasn't around.

By no means was it any easier now, but I was sort of used to being without him for the time being, and accepting this was the life I now lived. It wasn't all bad, Angus was still here with me, and Sam was here for majority of the time until she joined Cal on tour for a while.

This week was the tenth without him, and something about this particular week made me feel very anxious and uneasy. There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach that didn't quite sit right. It wasn't the baby, he or she seemed very happy with the amount of kicking about in there.

It was such a surreal experience to feel the baby move for the first time. I didn't know what it was at first, but my doctor informed me at one of my check up's the light sensations I felt were in fact my baby. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that the baby's kicks were strong enough for others to feel.

Harry was missing it, but he was excited to hear about the new development. Sam and my mum were the only two to feel the kicks, the baby never seemed to want to move for Angus, which always made me laugh. Stubborn like me, probably not the best trait I had already passed on.

But besides the baby's movements, I did feel as though something was coming. Something that the psychic may have foreshadowed. Her prediction of "I see a friend coming to you in a time of need, you will be the shoulder to lean on. Be gentle with this person, be their guardian angel, they will need your support more than ever before" came true in Angus.

Harry had managed to get over to London since he left here, he spoke to Gemma but there was no luck in her listening to him. He said she didn't say much, she was still distraught over the whole ordeal, so he didn't push.

I had been the best friend I could to Angus, I even managed to talk Ava into letting him come back to the Melbourne MTV office, to get him out of the house. He was by no means at his happiest, but he seemed to be rebuilding himself a little more each week.

So one prediction was right, which only made the "you will suffer a loss" play through my mind constantly. Things were going too well right now, something was surely coming. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was I was expecting, but I knew it would shake me when it happened.

"What do you think of this onesie babe?" Mason held up a little white baby bunny outfit, snapping me from my thoughts.

Mason, Angus and I decided to go shopping to start setting up the baby's room. The boys had been busy painting this weekend, the shade of beige that Harry had picked out earlier in the week. Right now we were shopping for clothes, neutral colours since we had no idea of the sex of the baby.

My mum was dying to know at my last ultrasound, but I refused to let the doctor tell us, especially since Harry wasn't there with me to find out. We were being patient, we wanted the surprise.

Mason's taste in clothing was very much like mine, picking out the cute clothes, both of us going for a more feminine take on infants fashion. Angus however was taking Harry's place, and picking out the more neutral clothes, keeping in mind there was a fifty percent chance the baby would be a boy.

"I actually love that!"

"Of course you do," Angus laughed at my excitement over the tiny bunny ears attached to the hood.