Ichika SS (Is- Is this the right decision?)

Ringggggggggggg

As the school bell signals the end of the midterm exam,I grab my bag and rush to the exit of the classroom, leaving without saying farewell to Honami-chan and the girls.

I couldn't focus on the whole test earlier because of something that I found yesterday evening from Ayanokouji's room.

It was a file.

A file about our sister's personal information.

From other people's perspective, it looks like he is a creepy pervert who researches about us for reasons that I don't want to think of. But in our eyes, it isn't likely to be the case.

Hiring private tutors is not new to us ever since mom passed away.

We always make every session a living hell to them though until they give up. Not entirely because we can't understand a thing they teached, but they cannot replace our mother, who is a teacher, in our hearts.

There was also a note in the back page:

‘Do not let them know you're their tutor, ever.’

That absolutely proves it and erases any doubts of him being a creep.

Argh!

My mind is in a complete mess, I don't know what to do, honestly!

Well I don't care about him being our tutor if anyone asks me. Putting aside how he forced me to cooperate by blackmailing me… I guess he didn't have any other options than to resort to threats because he was told to keep his job a secret. Ayanokouji has the talent in teaching, even though he won't miss the chance in trampling my pride, and helped me improve a lot in my studies in a short amount of time.

There's no need to imagine that he also taught the rest of my sisters in secret.

The only problem is with Nino. How will she receive the painful truth? Not to mention, she's the one who hates tutors the most out of us five sisters.

Ayanokouji only played with her heart. A despicable idea crosses my mind but I dismiss such painful thoughts.

I can see sincerity in his words as he talks about Nino. He always mentioned her name with rare warmth, a big difference to when he's dealing with me.

Ayanokouji always carries an invisible wall when around me. Well, I haven't seen how those two behave when they're alone together, but there's no way for my little sister to be too head over heels to him if he remains stoic and strict all the time.

Nino was always full of sunshine every time I saw her. Her stern personality softens and it seems she's working hard in her studies during our sister's recent exam reviews.

But all of those moments will undoubtedly be shattered because of this stupid file!

I don't want my little sister to get hurt! I don't want to see her heart broken! But! But! But she needs to know about this. Nino has every right to learn about it!

I'm honestly not thinking of breaking them apart… I’ll leave it all to Nino to decide.

I don't even want to do this! Argh!

Every step I take becomes heavy – like I'm walking in a pit of mud – as I get close to our meeting place.

The main reason why I decided to tell her right now is because I don't want my little sister to break down before the exam…

I bottle up all of these feelings inside myself.

I don't even breathe a word about it to my close friend Honami-chan.

I don't want it to spread throughout the campus…

But I can't totally hide it. A part of the truth will inevitably escape to the ears or eyes of the others and both Ayanokouji and Nino will be affected by the aftermath.

Please, Nino. Don't make the wrong choice.

I stop in my tracks at the lockers near the school’s building entrance. There she is. A girl with face and hair color same as mine. Twin-butterfly ribbons adorn her long hair in contrast to mine.

She waves her arms towards me from the large crowd with a bright smile on her face.

“Nino, I'm sorry.”

—-----------------x

Thanks a lot to CrimsonCelestial for beta reading the chap ☺️