One... Little Two... Little Idiots pt 3

Ting ting ting

The sound of the wall clock reverberated around the library, announcing to the students, it's already 6 o'clock in the evening.

Ayanokouji closed the book he'd read earlier and moved his gaze, looking directly at the four students on the other side of the table.

“Time’s up–” before he could finish, they instantly forward their papers to him with full confidence.

Ayanokouji cleared his throat and took it.

“Let’s find out if those smug faces don't betray these answers.”

“Hehe,” – Azuma touched her nose. – “Just get on with it. I'm sure you're gonna be surprised at how fast we’ve improved.”

Itsuki, Ichihashi and Miku firmly nodded with their eyes closed and both arms crossed.

Ayanokouji didn't talk back, he glanced down, picked up his pen, and started checking the papers.

“So about that—” Azuma immediately went back to their previous topic and the other three listened.

Two weeks have passed since the study group was formed. Ayanokouji stayed with them till seven more frequent in the last few days since Nino spent her time with her class nowadays.

Rather than being dissatisfied, he was quite grateful for it. Ayanokouji had assessed Nino to be already capable enough in passing the midterm exam as long as she won't slack off in her review and he can now focus more on the other two sisters in his class.

The progress of the study group; specifically Itsuki and Miku, is moving better than he initially thought.

They are quite diligent during the lessons, showing earnest interest in improvement and learning their mistakes which he bluntly pointed out as well as applying any tips from him.

“Uhmm.. you guys… really did well.”

Scent of midterm is drawing closer as they speak, time flies fast, he doesn't have any precious time to waste.

Ayanokouji hasn't contacted Yotsuba since they last met. There is always someone on her side, if Sakayanagi wasn't with her, it's the other girl named Kamuro.

He dislikes getting attention. That is why Ayanokouji didn't approach her.

Itsuki smugly flipped her hair, “Praised us more, Ayanokouji-kun. Do it louder.”

Ichihashi looked at Itsuki then to Ayanokouji, her arms were swinging, feeling nervous if he were to be mad by her friend's remarks.

“A-Uh-Ah, Itsuki-san didn't mean it like—”

“Cat got your tongue, huh, Ayanokouji?” Miku unnecessarily added fuel to the fire.

“It’s fine to feel overwhelmed, Ayanokouji-kun,” – Azuma raised her shoulders. – “After all, it's rare for students to easily surpass their teachers.”

He looked at them with his usual apathetic expression.

Ayanokouji can't believe those three girls were acting smug simply because they scored 85 plus on all subjects in the quiz he made earlier.

Although, it is kinda his fault in the first place since the time Ayanokouji casually pointed out their bad habits when taking the quiz like he is a parent lecturing his spoiled children.

He sometimes makes fun, especially to Itsuki and Miku, out of nowhere due to them having a similar face to a certain someone.

“Well, you girls really exceeded my expectations,” – he returned their papers. – “However, don't be naive, saying you all surpassed me and all. Nothing will change, even if the four of you combine.”