Nino's Date Chapter 3

While silently seated on my chair, I was totally absorbed in my thoughts, recalling the event that happened last evening.

•••

After dinner, I cleaned up the table, put the plates and stuff to the sink, then began the lesson.

Even with my reassurance that I won't judge her based on her performance, Nino was still slightly restless and was fidgeting all over the place.

"Nino?" I called her.

"Y-Yes!?" She answered in a surprised tone.

"Let's get started." I then passed to her a test paper that I made.

Nino turns white. She stared at the paper - both pupils shaking - like she had seen a ghost.

"A-A-Ayanokouji-kun." she squeezed her dress.

"Mhm."

Then lowered her head "I think I will pass." she obviously seems down.

"Why?" I honestly should not pretend to be ignorant about her situation.

The chairman chooses me to be their mentor. Who knows me due to his close ties with the White Room.

The fact that he didn't assign some random intelligent students to do the task, just justified my suspicion that the quints are not easy to handle when it comes to teaching.

"I don't want to disappoint you. To be honest, I totally suck at studying. I ain't good on it...." her voice slowly became lower and lower by word.

It is common knowledge that a person tends to show off to the people who they are interested in.

I am not that dense to be incapable of recognising Nino's affection towards me.

Nino is ashamed that after I am done checking her paper, my view of her will change because of her performance.

I then put down the paper in front of her then grabbed her trembling hand and firmly held it.

"Don't worry, Nino. Your score doesn't matter, I will continue to be by your side." - since it is part of my job.

And again, I won't blame her for having the wrong idea.

I'm just charming, that's all....

Back to the topic, even if this tutoring job only lasted until midterm. I doubt that the chairman will just simply let me go if the quints do well. This task will continue for the next two years. As long as I am in this school, I can't do anything but obey.

"You promise...?" her gaze is still to the floor.

"I promise." I calmly answer.

"Even if I score a zero?" She then looked up, stare straight at me.

Thanks to my natural born poker face. I safely hide my shocked reaction.

'Zero? Isn't that too much?'

"Even if you score a negative, I won't leave you." I returned the stare to Nino.

If you're under my wings, I assure that there will be an obvious improvement to your academic performance, Nino.

It's not about pride as the so-called White Room's masterpiece.

Nino's subtle trembling slowly stopped. Then she firmly nodded and released a heavy sigh.

"Okay, I trust you, Ayanokouji." then take the pen.

I patted her head and proudly said. "That's my Nino." then regretted saying it afterwards.