Stop Eating and Listening to Music for God's Sake pt 4

A new morning arrived. Students throughout the campus rose up from their deep slumber, got off from their feather-like bed, each still half-awake did their own morning routine before heading to the school.

Large drop of sweats hit the floor, arms bending down then up, carrying the weight of the entire body.

Ayanokouji wakes up far earlier than anyone and begins his morning exercise, but this time he increases the number of each set.

The poker face that won't change expression unless he wants to, now has a bit of crack.

He is feeling uneasy for some unknown reason.

"Hugh." Standing up from the push-up position, he released a heavy sigh.

Ayanokouji stretches out his arm to his side, grabs the towel hanging on top of the full-body mirror, then proceeds to wipe off his sweats.

Recalling the past events once he entered the school, he realized that he was getting unnecessarily involved in lots of stuff.

He glanced at himself in the mirror through the corner of his eye and muttered, "This is getting troublesome."

•••

Arriving at the classroom, Ayanokouji was greeted not by his few acquaintances but the curious stares from the people inside.

He recalled a post on the school website last evening and already has an idea about the reason why.

'The aftermath....'

He sighs internally and just heads straight to his chair, hoping that the issue will slowly be forgotten as time flies by.

Two female students who were part of his study group, Ichihashi and Azuma, approached Ayanokouji and sent their greetings.

"Good morning."

"Morning, Ayanokouji-kun."

He was surprised that they turned friendly to him, albeit not even sharing a greeting to each other even once before, just because he helped them with their studies.

It's not an uncomfortable feeling to him and thought that getting the two on board wasn't as bad as he thought it was.

"Morning." he glanced at them, returned the greetings, as he slowly sat on the chair.

"I couldn't say this yesterday because you suddenly disappeared but you're too cool that time, Ayanokouji-kun." Azuma leaned her face forward with two shining eyes.

He was forced to lean back and spontaneously muttered, "Ah, thanks."

Ichihashi nodded and added, "We're glad that you didn't listen to us and insisted on stepping in or something terrible might have happened there..." she paused. "B-but it's still dangerous, who knows if Sudou-kun didn't st-"

Ichihashi was about to do a long ass speech about the multiple possible scenarios if the skirmish didn't end there and escalate further, but good thing that Azuma was there and immediately stopped her.

"Hai hai, we get what you want to say, Ichihashi-san," - she wrapped her arm around the girl's neck and poked her cheek with her finger. - "At least no one was hurt so stop worrying yourself about stuff that didn't happen."

"B-But I couldn't help myself from worrying-ah, stop, it tickles, Azuma-san!" she cried, begging for her to stop but it only makes the other person tease her more.

The corner of his lips upturned slightly, watching the childish and yet close relationship between the two friends.

Ichihashi somehow managed to forcefully release herself from Azuma, and is now beet red after all of that. While the other girl bent herself down, hugging her tummy, laughing at Ichihashi.