Not that much of a bad day part 2

Inside one of the large facilities of the school, deafening noise can be found as the students are cheering to the swimmers on the side.

“Go Shibata-kun!”

“You can do it!”

The Class 1-B is having their extracurricular activity inside the rectangular-shaped indoor swimming pool. It is larger than your usual city pool and was divided into three sections; the audience's seat located on the second floor, the main swimming pool that runs 50 metres long and the changing rooms.

Splash

A figure of a male resurfaces on the side of the pool.

“Woahhh, you're goddamn fast, Shibata.” complimented a boy.

He stroked up his drenched hair using his fingers and waved to the others using the other arm.

Another participant then follows and so on and so forth.

“We will now start the male's final race. The participants please move to your line.” said the teacher who is handling the subject.

On the corner of the pool, aside from the students that are actively cheering, a long strawberry blonde haired girl is sitting in silence with her back leaning to the wall.

“It's rare for our sunshine, Ichinose-chan, to be deep in thought, you see.”

Another strawberry shoulder length haired girl casually said as she approached Ichinose and then sat beside her.

“I'm thinking about that, Ichika-chan.” responded Ichinose, looking gloomy.

Ichika then raised her arm and gently patted the depressed girl on her side.

“You're really too kind-hearted you know that right?”

Ichinose only nodded in response.

“Well if that's your answer it can't be helped.” she smiles at her and takes away her arm from Ichinose's head.

“Mhm,” Ichinose suddenly turned her face at Ichika, in which the other person also looked at her then both met each other's eyes. “If you're in my situation right now, Ichika-chan. What will you do?”

The person being questioned was thinking of giving a half-hearted lie. But seeing how serious the eyes of her friend's is, she changed her mind.

She sighed. “You're really hopeless when it comes to romance, aren't you?”

“I-I mean I told you that I'm totally inexperienced about that aspect.” she responded bashfully.

Seeing the always confident Ichinose acting nervous, Ichika then playfully pinches her cheeks, finding it amusing.

“Hai you'd been saying that excuse for ages.”

“But it's true!”

“He he I know, I'm just teasing, Ichinose-chan.” she lightly giggled but stopped when noticed that her friend wasn't enjoying it in the slightest.

Ichika's expression turned serious.

“If it's me….. I guess it depends on the other person..” said Ichika as she surrendered the back of her head into the wall and eyes looking to the top but it seemed far away.

“What do you mean?” asked Ichinose, totally curious about her story.

“You see, not everyone is lucky enough to have the person they like confess to them. Some just accept the other person's love, even though they don't feel the same, hoping that they will fall in the process….. and even if they did fall, there will always be a part in their heart that will be feeling empty and they can't understand the reason behind it….”