Kushida's resolved and Horikita's dilemma pt 4

The sun was set to the sky.

A brown-haired boy was walking alone in the pathway with an irritated expression written in his face. Ayanokouji was caught by the dorm's surveillance staff exiting Horikita's room at almost 11 and had been called over by the manager as he stepped foot in the lobby early this morning.

The old man's rumbling only went through from one ear to the other, he didn't pay attention to trivial matters. What made him annoyed was the fact that one of the dorm rules completely slipped out of his mind. The past him wouldn't miss such a thing. Regardless of the relevance, he would always keep it in his mind.

Ayanokouji wouldn't deny to admit his performance had been gradually deteriorating ever since he was admitted in this school. The present him was inferior to his past self.

He was also curious as to how the ever attentive Horikita missed the said rule. Horikita deliberately let him stay over after the curfew hours had crossed his mind, but he dismissed such an idea as it wouldn't merit her in any form.

He released a heavy sigh, his mood turned sour for trying to come up with lame excuses.

It also reflected one of their conversations, yesternight. He asked a certain topic to her and she responded that she's very certain that what he felt was real. However, Ayanokouji kept denying, insisting he's not capable of it. Yet her words left a strong impact on him, "I may haven't experienced a similar feeling yet, but even I knew, Ayanokouji-kun, you're in love with her."

He sighed again, his face darkened, still too stubborn to believe her nonsense.

The trip to the school building wouldn't take that long, but his meeting with the dorm manager took lots of his time. Ayanokouji stepped inside and changed shoes in his lockers.

He strode in the school's lobby, heading toward the stairs at a fast pace to avoid getting late. At least ten minutes left for the homeroom to start, and in a coincidence, he crossed paths with the quintuplets' siblings.

The five girls just took their exit from the Pallet Cafe and were also in a hurry, but came to a halt when they saw the figure of Ayanokouji.

Itsuki couldn't meet his gaze after knowing the truth from Ichinose. Ichika still harbored mixed feelings when her friend shared what happened between them. Nino squinted her eyes and then Miku simply looked at him.

An awkward silence wrapped the place as the five of them weren't expecting to meet the other.

Aside from a certain someone. She waved her arm and beamed her brightest smile. Yotsuba was about to greet Ayanokouji as they were acquainted with each other, but he suddenly continued his walk and coldly left them.

Her arm was left hanging, even the idiot Yotsuba felt hurt for getting ignored.

The sisters watched his back as he gradually grew the distance away from them. Each of the sisters voiced out their comments,

"Somehow I feel like Ayanokouji-kun is at his chunni-pace..." Itsuki chose the wrong word to use, rather than "chunni" it's fitted to say that he's simply irritated.

Words of concern managed to slip out of Yotsuba's lips, "He is fine, isn't he?" She was supposed to be hurt for the way he treated her, but Yotsuba's too kind to brood about it.

"......" Miku was speechless.

"... Just leave him alone." Nino's glares grew more dangerous, her words were for Yotsuba.

"What is wrong with that guy!?" and Ichika's mixed feelings turned into anger for what Ayanokouji recently did to her younger sister.

Meanwhile the brown-haired hung his head as Horikita's words kept repeating inside his mind.