The Cause and Effect pt 3

Blankly staring at the person discussing the lecture in front. My bored mind then slowly drifted to the event that happened yesterday at the library.

When Yotsuba and the other person named Kamuro excuse themselves to buy something.

The awaited opportunity for us to talk about such confidential information came.

“Don't give me that look, Ayanokouji-kun.”

The other person, called Sakayanagi, who noticed my side-long glance to her, commented.

“What do you want from me?” I asked.

“Fu fu straight to the point huh?” she said, “Anyway relax, I'm not in the least plotting in exposing you nor planning in spreading your colourless secret.”

Sakayanagi closed the book that she's been reading and slightly glanced at me, casting me a clear smug.

If all she said are true. Then I don't have a single bit of compliance. Still, the way she addressed me earlier is slightly concerning.

“Then why did you try to call me by that ridiculous title?”

Yes, Sakayanagi didn't finish the word, but it gives the others the impression that we have known each other in the past.

“Fu fu, then let's return the question, Ayanokouji-kun,” she said, “If I acted like a complete stranger to you. Will you be this wary of me?”

Her smug grew wider. Giving me the impression that she's been enjoying this situation.

I am confident that I have never met this girl in the past. She probably saw me behind the glass of that plain white room together with her father.

Meaning, the time I recognised her as a threat, it brought her nothing but delight.

If you think you can stand on the same ground as me, keep dreaming, fool.

“Fair enough.” I said, “Anyway, is it safe to think that your father tells you about''them ”?''

“Wrong,” – she shakes her head. – “I am not informed about the task that my father gives you. But considering the academic circumstances of the quint sisters when being in this kind of school, it's totally concerning.”

“Being the School Director's daughter has its own privileges in the school, it seems.” I muttered dryly.

Till now, there is still lots of mysteries about the school that I haven't solved yet.

There is no way in hell that the 100,000 worth of points that was given to us in our first day of school comes without any strings attached.

I don't know about the others but it is absolutely suspicious. There was also the invisible border between classes that I subly noticed in the junior and senior years, especially the former.

Add the free products in the convenience store, cafeteria and the vending machine, definitely screams the word “SUS.”

“Don't get the wrong idea, Ayanokouji-kun.” she said. “My father doesn't play favourites.”

As far as the information that I gain from the School Director, the father of the person that I'm talking to right now, there is a thing we call a special exam in this school and completing it will give you rewards but on the other side, failing it means a punishment awaits you.

“Not sure,” I reject her. “He seems like the caring type of father to me.”

“Fu fu, indeed he is.” she chuckled. “I don't want to say something insensitive, but,
how can you tell?”