Hiyori SS (Worst than scum)

The blinding lights were none, loud and lively pop music was also not played. The room was supposedly a place for entertainment and diversion from the stressful school, yet it turned into a peaceful silent area.

A silver-haired girl seated on the sofa. Her purple-gradient eyes moved from text to text, as she reached the last word, her fingers flipped the crisp smooth paper to the next page.

Hiyori Shiina, a female student from Class 1-C, who was also known as a bookworm, was reading Raymond Chandler's masterpiece titled “Farewell, My Lovely” inside a karaoke room. If we were going to ask 10 people if she’s completely out of place, 10 out of 10 would definitely agree.

Even Hiyori, herself, thought the same as she felt nervous when renting the room, considering it's her first time going to this kind of place. She never joined her classmates when they invited her back then, and was honestly not planning to join similar events in highschool, if not for the situation; the information and her condition for it.

The library being the meeting place would only make “him” standout like a sore thumb; her room was totally out of the question too.

She had no choice, but to hold their discussion inside a karaoke room.

Clang

The door slowly swung open and then a magenta-haired boy entered the room. Hiyori turned her head at the visitor, she closed her book, and then put it to the table.

“Good evening, Ryueen-kun.” she greeted him.

Ryueen didn't return the greeting, instead he nonchalantly went towards the silver-haired girl. He dropped his weight down to the coach, putting his elbow to the armrest, and then leaned down his chin onto his palm.

“It may be the first time you contact me regarding something, Hiyori,” he glanced at her. “But get to the point.”

The magenta-haired’s current mood was indifferent and composed, but she would not put even an ounce of trust that it’d remain the same in the fleeting minutes.

Ryueen’s attitude changed as fast as a heartbeat, one time he would try to annoy you, then the next time he would smack you for whatever the reason.

Hiyori’s aware of the danger in meeting with someone like him. She’d planned to wrap it quickly, and glad their thoughts aligned.

“I heard your plan failed?” she asked.

“Where did you hear of– that idiot Ishizaki, huh?” he was about to ask, then stopped after finding the answer.

His black eyes glinted, apparently thinking of ways to punish him. Hiyori read through him and instantly cleared up the misunderstanding.

“Ishizaki-kun didn't share it with anyone else, Ryueen-kun!” she stated. “I sort of forced him to reveal the events in the proceeding, as well as your involvement in it.”

Ryueen stared at her eyes. “I see, well despite that idiot having a muscle of a brain, he’s not careless to spill out any information to the others.”

Ishizaki might find Hiyori being worthy of his trust, and her brain as well as her sharp mind would probably help the class. Ryueen also thought of a similar thing and forgave him this time.

Hiyori nodded and continued, “Ishizaki-kun also mentioned that a certain student was the main cause why you’d lose, and now you're thinking of ways to meet him.”

“Ku ku,” he turned his face to her. “Is that really from Ishizaki? Or your own deduction, Hiyori?”

Hiyori sighed, and nodded.

“Guess so,” he turned his face to the black screen. “You’re only half-right, Hiyori, I'm not thinking of simply meeting with him, I want to return the favor.”

Even though she’d expected it, Hiyori’s eyes widened, shocked at how serious Ryueen was.

“Now, what do you want from me?”

Hiyori knew Ryueen would always resort in violence, she released a heavy sigh, and steeled her resolve.

“I have a proposal; I knew of a person that would be the key to your revenge, but I have a condition.”

“Let’s hear who this person is first.” he turned his face towards her, his eyes glinting with excitement.

“No! You must accept my condition, before I will reveal–” he interjected.

“Speak,” he said calmly, yet his tone said otherwise.

“Listen, I don't want to endanger another student from your–” Hiyori was cut short as Ryueen smacked the table with his other arm.

“I said, state your demand.”

Hiyori gulped, sweat trickled down her face.

“Promise me that you won't hurt her,” she stated. “She’s not involved in messing up your plan, but I believe by using her as a messenger, Ayanokouji-kun would certainly meet up with you.”

“And how can you say so?” he asked.

“Because this person is precious to him, if he knew that you have her in your grasp, he has no choice but to go, even if it's a trap.”

Ryueen’s lips splayed into an ominous grin. “Ku ku, you have the face of an angel, but your heart is cruel, Hiyori.”

“I just want to help the class, and…” she hesitated to continue.

“And?”

“... Having you inactive for a while as you seemed obsessed over that matter, would probably cause disruptions in the class since the head itself was busy about external affairs.”

Class C had become more peaceful than before, ever since the announcement of the proceeding and Ryueen acting strangely calm. However, the absence of those troublemakers caused the other students to gradually return to their vices; using phones during class, arriving late often, speaking during class and other forms of misconduct. Hiyori noticed it, and wanted Ryueen to make the others behave accordingly.

“I see, those fools have been acting-up, huh? Ku ku.” Ryueen suddenly stood up from his seat and turned around.

“Where are you going, Ryueen-kun?” she asked, curiously.

“I’ve been expecting more of you, Hiyori, but I'm disappointed.” he casted a side-glance at her over his shoulder.

“What do you mean?”

“You underestimated me, you thought I wouldn't know of that guy's past relationships with that girl in our class? Heh, I was there where it happened. But don't you worry, I won't touch her, since she’d no value in the first place.” Ryueen shot her a glare.

“But I heard from her that–” she was cut mid-sentence as the magenta-haired snorted.

“Ku ku, I doubt it, I bet that bastard’s only playing with her, making her think that his intentions to her were genuine, but I'm certain it's not.” he paused. “Even if I were to use her, that scum would choose his safety rather than hers.”

Ryueen started heading towards the doorway, leaving the shocked Hiyori alone, inside the karaoke room.

-------------------------x