Stop Eating and Listening to Music for God's Sake

May 1st, dark heavy storm clouds overlapped the sky. Heaven's tears will fall at any moment as I calmly observe the outside through the transparent window.

•••

The surroundings are heavy and dreary but it's only a rock on the side of the road when compared to the atmosphere inside.

Chabashira-sensei arrived in the classroom earlier, carrying a white rolled paper and a stone-cold expression.

The rowdy classroom instantly turned grave silence like the pressure suffocates them, making them unable to mutter anything.

"Everyone be quiet."

Like the angel of death has descended the earth, we couldn't do anything but obey her words.

"You guys are yapping about not receiving any points, are you not?" she clicked her tongue. "How about you try to figure it out yourself."

"..................."

"Fufu, I see. So that's how it is, sensei." - he stroked his bangs. - "Figured that out."

The frozen atmosphere instantly breaks. The students that are supposed to be unresponsive from the teacher's unyielding authority, find another target to vent their confusion.

Which is none other than the student earlier who nonchalantly broke the ice.

'Rokusuke Kōenji'

"Stop acting smart, you oddball." yelled Ike.

"If you get it, share it with everyone." Yamauchi slammed his arms to the table.

"Yeah!" the others followed and nagged Koenji to do so.

But the person-in-question didn't even give them a shred of attention. He only glanced at his left side, specifically to the boy in the last seat near the window.

Hansel's brown eyes and red scarlet met.

The two only stare at each other for a second.

The brown haired boy shifted his gaze to the window and the blond one smirked then looked at the front.

"Fufu, such pitiful creatures you lots are," he openly mocked them. "Just what you can expect from ordinary people."

Hoping for some kind of explanation but being looked down instead, adds fuel to the fire, making the others instantly confront Koenji.

"You are the last person that I wanted to hear that line!"

"Calling us ordinary because he is a weirdo."

"Motherfucker is just making up some excuse since he can't think of one."

"Yeah!" Yamauchi agreed. "That money-ass jerk can't do anything aside from being spoiled haha."

Although he was being rained on with different kinds of insults, Koenji smugly passed it through from one ear to the other, not giving a tiny drop of attention.

The one-sided verbal attack continued for three minutes but was instantly stopped with just a word.

"Silence."

A cold tone of voice from the front completely kills off the fire inside of them. Like it was poured with a freezing bucket of water.

"Koenji-kun may have an attitude but I commend you for being quick-witted."

"Don't compare me to a bunch of apes." he smirked. "That's quite insulting, sensei."

Furious glares that can dig a hole through were pointed at him in all directions.