Chapter 29: Exhausted

"Good Morning, Ms. Patty!" Kathy greeted me as I enter the shop.

"Good Morning, Kathy! Any applicants for interview this morning?" I asked.

"There's two this morning and two this afternoon." Kathy replied.

"What time in the afternoon? I hope its not 2pm." I said

"4pm and 4:30pm." She replied

"Okay. Perfect, I must be back by then. I'll be out from 1:30-3:30, need to attend to my sisters meeting for my Mom." I uttered.

"I'll just be in my office." I added

So I walked to my office... "Hi! Ms. Patty!" Roselle and Kevin greeted me. "Hello!" I replied.

"By the way, where's Nia and Vance?" I asked

"They just grabbed some coffee." Kevin replied

"Alright!" I replied.

I entered my office, sat down and went through my schedule for next week....

*knock-knock*

"Yes Kathy?" I said

"Ms. Patty, our first applicant is here already." Kathy informed me.

"Okay, let her in. Thanks Kathy!" I said.

So the interview went on..the interview lasted for 15 minutes only.. "We'll give you a call with the results. Thank you!" I said to the applicant. So the applicant left.

"Kathy." I shouted calling her.

"Yes, Ms. Patty?" She answered entering my room.

"First applicant, didn't meet my requirements. She's shy. And we can't have that." I said.

"Who's next?" I asked

"She must be here in 10 minutes." Kathy said

"Alright. By the way, next week we'll be starting with our projects..you guys may use my other car to go where you need to go. Does anyone knows how to drive?" I said and asked.

"I do. I learned driving since college, taught by my ex-boyfriend, though I don't own a car, but I guess I can still drive." Kathy replied.

"Great! If you guys need to go do errands for the project, please do use my car. Taking cab is hassel." I said.

"Okay, Ms. Patty. Oh, excuse me. I heard someone entered. Might be the next applicant." Kathy uttered and immediately went out of the office.

"Ms. Patty.." Kathy ushered the mext applicant to my office.

"Good morning! Have a sit." I uttered and continued interviewing her. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

"By the way, Samantha, how do you wants is to call you if ever we hire you?" I asked.

"Sam, Ma'am." She answered.

"Okay Sam, it was nice meeting you, we'll be calling you once our deliberation of applicants is done. Thank you!" I said to her.

Sam left the shop as soon as the interview is done.

"Kathy? I like her. So enthusiastic, bubbly and approachable. I think she fits the requirements." I said.

"So are you hiring her Ms. Patty?" Kathy asked

"She made it to my short list." I said.

"I mean we sti have two interviewees this afternoon, and we need only two." I added.

*knock-knock*

"Come in." I said

"Hi Ms. Patty! Can I talk to you personally?" Nia said