Chapter 30: Vance, Nia is pregnant!

*ding-dong* the door bell rang...

"Just a minute!" I shouted and fixed my things a little then opened the door.

"Hi Hun! You know what, I'll be giving you door keys of my unit, so that you can just enter...but you still need me to know!" I said giggling.

"You ready?" Vince asked

"Why, what time is it?" I asked grabbed my phone and checked the time.

"It's 5pm." He asnwered.

"Oh shoot! Im almost ready, will apply some make-up, then Im ready." I replied.

"Okay. Hurry up. The reservation is 5:30pm. Does Nia and Vance know?" He asked

"Yup. I told Nia." I said.

"Here. Im done. How do I look?" I asked.

"Pretty. Always." Vince uttered.

"Ahh..overwhelming compliment!! All the time." I said and gave him a kiss grabbed his hands and walked out my unit.

On our way to the restaurant...

"What would you think will happen?" I asked Vince.

"I honestly don't know but I hope it'll just be fine." He answered.

"You know, I can feel that everything would just be fine." I uttered.

"Let's cross our fingers." I added.

Upon arriving..we arrived ahead of Nia and Vance. Vince ordered food for us but instructed to serve our food once Nia and Vance arrives. They arrived 20 minutes late.

"Sorry. We quite had a hard time to grab a cab." Nia uttered

"Its fine. No worries. Have a seat." I said

To lighthen up the night, Vince started the conversation with something way beyond the issue why where here..the light conversation lasted for an hour while we were eating as well.. Until the topic about kids where brought up by me..

"Aww..look at that adorable baby over there." I said

"Aww.." Nia reacted as well.

"I wish to have 3 kids. You Nia?" I asked.

"Me? I just want 1." Nia answered

"No way!? Why?" I asked

"Well, 2..3.." She replied.

"How about you Vince? How many kids you want?" I asked Vince.

"Seriously? I want 5." He replied.

"Whoa! 5?" I said and had a deep swallow..

"Yup!" He said laughing.

"How about you Vance?" I asked

"Depending on how many God want us to have." He answered.

"I like that!" I said looking at Nia.

We all giggled then for a few minutes everybody stopped and there was silence...

Nia looked at me.. I nod at her as if Im giving her the signal to start talking to Vance..

She took a deep breath...

"Vance...(grabbing his hands..a tear fell on Nia's cheek).." Nia uttered

"Hey, why are you crying?" Vance said

"Will you be made if I tell you that your a Dad now?" Nia asked.

"What do you mean?" He replied

"Im pregnant. Dad." Nia said to Vance.

Vance was speechless for a minute..but he was holding Nia's hands so tight..

"Im a Dad?" He asked

"Yes. Im going 3 months." Nia said

Vance stood up pulling Nia up as well, then he kneeled down, placed his right ear on the tummy of Nia and said "Hi baby! Im your Daddy! I can't wait to see you!" Then kisses Nia's tummy and kisses her.

"I told you, everything will be fine." I whisphered to Vince.

I stand up and gave Nia and Vane a hug.

"Congratulations, you both!" I said and shed a tears of joy.

"Patty and Vince, We want you both to our baby's Godparents." Nia said

"Of course!" I answered

"Wait! When will you get married?" I asked

"Now!" Vance answered

"Now?" Nia and I shouted in reply

"Whoa! It was just a joke. We haven't talked about it yet but for sure it'll be soon." Vance said.

"Okay, let's talk about this next week. For now, lets celebrate first!" I said.
-----