Chapter 22 - Beach Picnic

(Y/N) POV
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Bee-
I moved my arm to reach my phone and turned it off. Uggh, I don't want to wake up. But I promised Spinel I'll visit her. *Sigh*, ok I'll get out of bed, for Spinel. With a groan I got up from bed and stretched my back. I walked to the bathroom and did my stuff that I do in the mornings. When I finished I got out and walked to the kitchen, grabbing myself breakfast. As I was eating (Breakfast choice) I was thinking what we could play. We can go walk on the beach, or swim. Or she would rather match more movies? Hmmmm...Oh! How about a picnic! A picnic on the beach. First off we will swim on the water and when we are hungry we will eat! Yeah, that sounds a great idea. I hurried up and finished my breakfast and went to my room to get ready.

^Time Skip^

I walked to Stevens door and knocked. As I was waiting I heard Steven footsteps approach the front door. He opened the door and greeted me. "Good morning (Y/N). Came here to visit Spinel?" I smiled at him kindly. "Good morning Steven and yes, I came here to visit Spinel" Steven looked at the picnic basket on my hand. "What you got there? Is it something for me?" Steven grind. I chuckled and explained what it was. "It's for the plan I had for Spinel. I thought we could have a picnic. Do you want to join?" I asked him. Steven scratched his head. "Sorry (Y/N), but I have work to do" He apologized. "Oh, don't worry Steven, I understand" I waved a hand in front of me. "Here, do you need help with that basked?" I denied but thanked him for asking. We walked to the warp pad and warped to Homeworld. As we warped to Homeworld Steven guided me to were Spinel might be. We were in front of the pink big door and called out for Spinel. "Spinel are you ready to hang out with (Y/N)?" Steven called out. The pink doors opened and out came Spinel. Her smile turned big when she saw me. I waved at her. Spinel jumped to my arms and greeted me. "(Y/N) you really game to see me!" I chuckled and patted her head. "Of course I did, what did you think I would break my promise?" Her smile turned to a frown but it was for a split second. She looked at the picnic basket that I had on my arm. "What you got there?" Spinel tried to see what was inside but I stopped her. "You'll find out, but are you ready to hang out?" Spinel smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah! Let's go!" Spinel grabbed my other hand, jumping on her place. Steven and I laughed and walked to the warp pad.

^Time Skip^

"It really is beautiful here, and I was going to destroy this planet" As I was fixing the picnic I heard Spinel talk. "Don't worry Spinel that was in the past, it wasn't your fault" I told her. She looked at me and said, "But I was going to destroyed this planet and kill all of this" She looked at the beach, a sad expression on her pink face. I thought of something that might cheer her up. "Hey Spinel why don't we play on the water?" I was already on my swimsuit. (Don't asked how \_ O^O_/') Spinel nodded her head and follow me on the water. We had a lot of fun splashing each other with water. We also played with the sad. We played and play until I felt my stomach asking for food. We ate our sandwich that I made. Spinel liked the Strawberry that I brought and ate them all, even asking for more. The sun was setting down, making the beach look beautiful. We stayed for a while until I thought it was time for her to go to Homeworld. I told her that we will hang out tomorrow and will come pick her up. It was hard at first but I told her that I'll bring more strawberries with me and she agreed. She smiled and nodded her head. I left her with Steven and walked to my house. Ready to take a bath after playing on the sand and falling on my bed and sleep.

March 22, 2023