40. Diplomatic?

Ri bumped to Anu who just came in hall after getting fresh. She was about to fall down but he used his reflexes and pulled her towards him. She had closed her eyes because of fear. Sid and Avu looked at them and smiled. Anu opened her eyes and was looking at Ri who was lost in her.
Avu and Sid fake coughed. They came back into senses.

Avu: Come and sit. How are you Anu?

Anu: Good

(They came and sat there. Ri and Anu didn't even look at each other and were constantly ignoring each other. Avu got irritated)

Avu: Ohooo...you both can talk to each other as normal people.

Ri/Anu: huh?

Avu: nothing leave it...

Sid: how is everything in village Anu?

Anu: Arey i was not there these months.

Avu: She was in a special school.

Sid: accha?

Anu: yeah...and talking about village. I have listened that people are saying many things about you. Like..you have ran away from your responsibilities and all..

Sid: what the heck?

Ri: Leave it Sid ... Will surely do something

Sid: hmm

Avu(to lighten up the atmosphere): okok now let's play something till dinner gets ready

Sid: what to play?

(Avu again looked at Ri and Anu who were not involving in them)

Avu: leave it...let's study only.

Sid: Arey..

(Avu picked Sid's hand and took him from there and went upstairs. Ri and Anu remain behind. They looked at each other awkwardly and stayed quiet. Ri was about to get up and was going away when Anu pulled his hand and stopped him. He got shocked. )

Anu: Can i talk to you?

Ri: hm..yeah ..

Anu: please sit.

(He sat quietly looking everywhere but Anu)

Anu: um..i don't know what have I done. I saw you talk to Sid and Avu nicely. Even Avu is good friend of yours. Sid also talks to me. Is there anything in your mind about me ? I mean I don't know why you behave differently with me .

(Ri was just quiet.)

Ri(in mind): now what to tell you? I am just running away from you because I don't want any further breakup. Iss duniya mein Avu chodke baaki saari ladkiyan achhi hain hi nahi. Mujhe pata hain tum unn ladkiyon jaise nahi ho. Par yeh Dil hain ki maanta nahi ..

(Anu was waiting for his answer. He was quiet for like more than 2 minutes so she thought he was not interested in talking to her.  She sighed and stood up to go to her room. She was about to go but her leg hit the sofa and she fell down on Ri. Ri used his reflexes and put his hand behind her head so that her head wouldn't hit the headboard.
She opened her eyes and saw Ri)

Ri(in mind): This is what I am scared of. Seriously i am very much afraid of this thing. I don't want to come close to you . You will regret it a lot. I guess I was the only one because of which the other girl ditched me. I must have done something. I don't want to break you.

(Ri was just looking at her thinking about this. Anu was confused. She was thinking why is he behaving so diplomatic. She freed herself from his grip and went away from there saying sorry)

Anu(in mind): I don't know what I have done. Leave it now. Let's focus on studies. I can't just go behind him always. Will keep distance from him.
.
.
.
EOC***