72. Apprehensive Plans

All too soon, a note requesting Mitsi's presence arrived from the High Lord and Lady of the Night Court. Despite Lysander's attempts to calm her anxiety, she remained nervous and on edge. Perhaps he was right and she wouldn't be in trouble, but what happened was her fault nonetheless and it had undoubtedly caused issues for both Rhysand and Kallias.

    The thoughts spun through her head without respite while she hurriedly dressed and pulled half of her hair back into a ponytail, letting the rest hang loose. "Honestly, I should just start leaving some of my clothes over here," Mitsi muttered to herself, smoothing the folds of her dress self-consciously.

    Lysander had cleaned it for her with magic but she still couldn't help but feel...less than presentable. Mitsi eyed her reflection in the mirror, inspecting the dress for any remnants of dirt or blood. When she was satisfied there was none, she examined her palm.

    The wound was still healing and looked significantly better than it had yesterday, but Lysander had warned her that it would likely scar. Mitsi bit her lip as she traced her thumb over the mark, wincing at the faint jab of pain that followed.

    Knuckles rapped on the door, catching her attention. She glanced over her shoulder and found Lysander watching her. He'd changed into his leathers, complete with his seven emerald siphons and his weapons.

    "Are you going to Windhaven after you take me to the River Estate?" Mitsi asked. Her voice came out quieter than intended.

    "No." Lysander pushed off the doorframe and approached. "I'm going to Windhaven after we answer Rhys and Feyre's summons." He took her hands in his own, lifting one to his mouth. "Together."

    A smile flickered across Mitsi's lips and she followed Lysander out of the room. Once they exited the house and reached the courtyard, Lysander spread his wings. Mitsi hooked her arms around his neck while he lifted her and took off. A few flurries of snow, carried on a cold breeze, whipped past her cheeks as they flew.

    It took far more courage than she thought necessary to let go of her mate when they landed beyond the gates of the estate, but somehow, she managed. Lysander walked only a pace behind her, his hand hovering near the small of her back as they made their way across the grounds and into the foyer.

Mitsi's eyes widened when she spied Mina and Micah waiting there. Her sister stormed over to her and took her face roughly in her hands, tilting it from side to side. "Are you all right? Why didn't you come home last night?" Mina snapped. "You should've..."

    She trailed off, catching sight of Lysander. Mitsi could already feel his rising tension, his desire to protect her. Mina released her and stepped back. From the corner of her eye, Mitsi saw Lysander shift closer.

    He drew a slow breath and his presence across the Bond grew calm once more. "Come on. They're waiting." Mina jerked her chin down the hall and approached an open sitting room. Mitsi's blood ran cold when she saw the large group waiting inside.

    Rhysand and Feyre were seated side by side, and Venelia had claimed the chair next to them. Nyx stood behind her. Towards the back of the room, Mitsi noticed Nesta standing near a window. Mina had already joined her, and there was an Illyrian male speaking with her. Cassian, undoubtedly.

    Seren sat on the other side of the room next to a stunningly beautiful blonde haired female. Mitsi assumed her to be Mor, based on the descriptions she'd heard from Mina and Micah. They had met Emerie's mate a few times at the clothing shop, she'd been told.

    Emerie herself wasn't there, but Azriel hovered behind the females' seats. One female in particular leaped to her feet when Mitsi passed through the door. She barely had a moment to brace herself before Eira pulled her into a crushing hug.