Family Affair.

After driving for what seemed like forever we finally pulled up to my parent's house. A bunch of cars were surrounding the slightly secluded area. I began to anxious and Kaiden just watched me, smiling. He was up to no good.

Kaiden parked in my spot that was reserved for me. They better know not to take my spot, I'm sensitive about my parking space. We got out of the car and I grabbed James and his carseat, Kaiden got his diaper bag and we headed up to the house. Kim and Maddy were parked kind of far but we didn't wait for them, they know their way around. Instead of going through the front door Kaiden grabbed my hand and led me to the backyard. Before I could even question his actions, he opened the gate and I saw all of my family.

My parents of course, my sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and godparents. My granny wasn't in sight but I'm just glad that all these people came, the question is what are they all here for.

  "Hi!" I waved to everyone.

"Hey honey. My mother came up to me and said. Everyone looked really nice and for the most part everyone was here.

 "What's all this for?" I asked sitting down in a chair. I sat James's car seat on the floor and gently got him out of his seat. Within moments one of my aunts came up and took him away. I didn't put up a fight, I handed him over happily and went to conversate with my mom.

"So... what's been going on with you and Kaiden?" She asked shifting her body toward me. Kim and Maddy made their way over with cups in each hand. Kim handed me one and Madison handed my mother one. We thanked them and they say in the empty chairs beside each of us.

 "Um... we're good. We haven't argued in a while and we've been better with talking and stuff. I mean, I think we're fine." I shrugged.

My mom turned to Madison, who was sitting to her left, and began badgering her with questions about Kaiden, not even giving her time to answer one of the six she'd already blurted out. Madison looked like she was overwhelmed. I felt bad. Kim looked over to me and laughed lightly.

 "Ma! Let the girl get a word out."

"I just want to see if she knows anything." I mentally rolled my eyes. My mother has done has done some crazy things but questioning Madison like this is on another level.

 "It's okay Nylah, she just wants to know where Kaiden's head is at." Madison looked to me and said She then looked back at my mom. "I don't know if Kaiden is planning anything. He just told me to come by this weekend to see James and to see their house," she shrugged. "I wish I did know."

 "See Ma, just because she's his sister doesn't mean she knows all of his tactics."

  "Well, it doesn't hurt to ask,"  her voice went a bit higher than usual.

I laughed at her motion and we went back to normal conversation. For a while it was just the four of us but then more of my family joined in and my mother went to tend to the food. I got bored and then went to look to see who had James. After looking outside for a while, with no luck, I went inside the house. I didn't panic because I knew I had nothing to worry about. This is family so I knew Jay was okay.

The screen door was opened so I didn't have to worry about opening it for myself. It was mostly men inside, due to the fact that basketball was on. The men all jumped up in excitement, Dwyane Wade had just scored a three-pointer. The boys started chanting Dwayne's name over and over and the shot cam went to slow motion. Once they were finished I tapped one of my younger cousins on the shoulder.

 "Andre, have you seen James?" I leaned on the couch for support as he looked up at me.

 "Uh, ya boy had em. He took him upstairs 'cause we were being too loud," he chuckled.

I looked for something to say but I couldn't find any smart comment. I then looked down and then saw that he had a red cup in his hand. I smirked once he turned his head and went to take a sip from his cup. I snatched it out of his hand without spilling a drop then took a sip myself. He looked up at me with that 'what the hell face'.

 "What's yo problem?" He stood to his feet letting me know that he was no longer that scrawny kid that my cousins and I picked on when we were younger. His tall figure towered over me slightly and I had to admit I was intimidated.

 "Andre you're only nineteen. No where near the legal drinking age of twenty-one. Who gave you this anyway?"

"I did." He reached for the cup and I snatched it back.

 "No, you're not getting this back Dre. Enjoy your night." I took another sip from the cup and walked away. The alcohol burned my throat slightly, it's been awhile since I've had something this strong.

I walked up the stairs and headed toward my room. My door was slightly open so I knew that's where they were. I approached the door and I was going to go in but then I heard Kaiden talking to Jay. Kaiden held Jay in his arms as he talked. I stood at the door but making my presence unknown. I wanted to hear what he was saying.

 "James I want you to know somethin'. I know me and ya mom's have had our moments, but I love her regardless. She's everything that anybody could ever ask for in a woman. She's smart, beautiful, and she knows what she wants in life. Make sure you get that in a woman," he laughed. "But anyways, I want you to know that I'll always be here for ya James. I love you lil man." He brought James close up to him and kissed him on his fat cheeks. I smiled before entering in the room, breaking up their little moment.

 "Sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"No. What you drinking?"

I looked down into the cup and tried to decipher what was in the cup. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." I put the cup down on my desk and sat next to Kaiden on the bed. "So you had him this whole time?"

 "No, your Aunt had him for a minute then your cousin Kelsey had him but then she had to go so your dad had em."

 "My dad is here?" I haven't seen him all night.

"Yeah."

 "Oh. Well I'll go talk to him later. " Kaiden looked back down at James who was now sleeping. I smiled at the two of them. My two boys whom I love dearly, this is my life now.

Nothing much but I wanted to update. Next chapter ... can't wait. About five more chapters before the sequel. 

~Nyeshree ~