The Talk

After pouring my heart out in the note for James I finally sat my phone down and began to drift asleep. No sooner than I closed my eyes I heard Kaiden open the door. I fluttered my eyes open and he closed the door gently.
"I didn't mean to wake you." He laid next to me, getting comfortable after pulling me closer and wrapped my leg around him.
I paid no attention to what he did. It was normal now. Every night he would come home and do this, he couldn't sleep unless I had my leg on top his.
While I tried to get myself comfortable enough to fall back asleep, I felt Kaiden plant a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled, knowing that wouldn't be the end of his actions. For a while he stood still, I guess wondering if I would stop him. He smiled before rolling me over to be on top of me, leaving a trail of kisses on my neck and occasionally nibbling here and there. Kissing my neck was something he liked to do. He somehow knew each and every one of my spots. How? I don't know.
He reached for the draw string on my sweats and untied them. I didn't even bother trying to take his off because he would just tell me to stop. Ignoring my thoughts, my hands slowly made there way down to his pants, grabbing him through his pants.
He groaned out in pleasure, making me smile. A sudden voice appeared in my head calling my name repeatedly, the longer I ignored it the louder it got. The voice finally died down and I could focus back on Kaiden. Before I could even resume with my actions without the annoying voice I felt myself shaking. I opened my eyes to see Kaiden laughing and trying to wake me up. Damn, it was just a dream.
"You okay?" Kaiden asked with his hand still on my stomach.
I exhaled deeply, removing those thoughts from my head. After I nodded and reassured him that I was okay he pulled me closer to him. Just like him my dream he pulled my leg over on top of his, taking my hand in his. And just like that we were asleep.
-
When I woke up Kaiden wasn't by my side. I waited for my body to fully recover before getting up. Slowly but surely, I made my way to the bathroom. After flicking the light on I looked at my appearance in the mirror. My hair was beyond wild, my eyes were low and my nose was slightly red. I grabbed a hair tie off of the sink and pulled my hair into a low ponytail. I wanted to go over to Devon's house and talk to him today. I thought of talking to Brandon first but I only want to say something to him if James really isn't his. Lord, what have I gotten myself into?
After taking almost two hours with taking a shower, straightening my hair and getting dressed, I headed to James' room. Luckily he was up but not fussing. He was entertaining himself while moving around in the crib. I bent down in the crib and kissed his cheek. After making sure he wasn't wet or anything I held him in my arms for a while, lightly bouncing up and down.
"Hey little man." I grazed his cheek with my thumb. "I'll be back." I made my way out of his room with him still in my arms and peeked into Kim's, she wasn't in there so I headed downstairs.
As I expected Kim was on the couch, watching Keeping Up with The Kardashian's. I sat on the couch next to her, taking in her appearance. She looked as if she'd been crying all night, her hair was pulled into a high ponytail and from the looks of the baggy sweatshirt she had on, it was Tyler's.
"Kim... what's wrong?" I asked I sat James on my lap, making sure he was in a comfortable position.
"Tyler broke up with me." She barely got out without breaking down. She buried her face in the pillow that was next to her. Her sobs grew louder and I couldn't believe what she just told me. I sat James in the corner of the couch then went to comfort her.
"Kim.... I'm so sorry." I didn't bother to ask why, I figured she'd tell me later.
I sat there for a while longer talking to to her. After an hour of talking about what had happened she seemed to be okay. I tried cheering her up but it was too soon. For a while, there was an awkward silence. I looked down at my phone for the time, one thirty.
"Where were you going to go?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Ummm.. to talk to Devon." James started fussing, Kim motioned for him so I gladly handed him over.
"Seriously?"
I nodded. I've put the subject off for long enough and now, I have to face the fact that I messed up. I texted Devon when I first woke up and he hasn't even returned my text message, three hours later. I grew tired of waiting and decided to call.
"Yeah?" He answered after four rings.
I took a deep breath before speaking. "Um are you busy?"
"At this moment yeah."
"Well we need to talk."
He paused before speaking again. "Well uh, my lunch break is in ten minutes. You wanna meet at Five?" He asked referring to a popular restaurant in Fresno.
"Yeah sure. I'll probably get there before you so I'll try to get us a table outside. I'll text you and let you know."
"Okay, see you in little bit."
I hung up without saying goodbye and looked over at Kim, who was already staring. She exhaled deeply before getting up with Jay and headed to the kitchen. I followed close behind her.
"You taking Jay with you?" She opened the fridge taking out a bottled water.
"Can you watch him for me? I'll only be gone for an hour, if that." I took him from her and kissed his face.
"Yes Grace I'll watch him. take your time, you don't have to rush. Besides its been a while since I've had T-T time with Jay." She shrugged.
"Thank you." I said simply.
I waited a while before I leaving the house. Kim hugged me and wished me luck before I left. When I got to the car I got a text from Kaiden.