Care

Dual POV chapter !!!!

●MONAMI●

I could feel the hesitation on my overnight stay in his voice... he faked his enthusiasm... I might not know him completely but I surely know him better than many people because I am his psychologist who can understand his mental state and also read his mind...

He can think he is fooling me while in reality he can't.

After few minutes have crossed a nurse comes in to give him sponge...

"I will take your leave..." I speak

"You are his girlfriend you must see how to give a sponge... as he will be discharged soon but will not be allowed to take a shower." The nurse smiles...

"Sorry... but I am not.."

"Don't be shy.. because you think I am aged.. I know all this ... I have more experience.. I can sense everything..." She says cheerfully..

I smile a little as she starts lifting Karan's shirt... in his eyes there is a hint of sorry... but what should I do of that sorry when he cant even speak 3 proper words 'She is not my Girlfriend' okay 4 but still ...

I gaze at his peeking abs not that I haven't seen him shirtless... I might have caught a glance once or twice at his well toned abs and the glistening drops of sweat on them when he was exercising... but I had never seen him shirtless like this in a room where only us and a nurse exists...

As his shirt was removed I catch sight of the bandages more than his abs... they might have been bruised badly during the mission...

The nurse starts cleaning him and instructing me how I should ensure that his bandages don't get wet, how wet the towel should be etc...

Giving a sponge bath at this moment seemed more complex than studying human brain especially alongwith all the heat that had been trapped in the room...

"Samajh aaya..??"

I had blanked out thinking about the heat in this room..

The nurse shakes me ...

"Sorry ... " I immediately speak as reflex...

"Maine poochha samajh aaya... yaan Phir apne boyfriend ki body niharne mein busy thi ... aur kisi cheez par dhyaan nahi diya.. pehli baar thodi dekh rahi..."

"Ji mujhe samajh aa gaya.. main de doongi aage se sponge bath..." I cut in before it could get more embarrasing for me and Karan both..

"Theek hai.. Kal aaungi toh dekhoongi... aur tumhe tumhari galti bata doongi..."

"Okay.." I smile at her not quite understanding what she meant..

After she leaves Karan raises an eyebrow at me..

"Are you sure you want to give me a sponge bath ??"

"What...??" Realisation dawns upon me on what that nurse meant...
"O god I didn't realise that..."

"I think it would be the best if you don't come to hospital tomorrow.."

"Let's see..." Taking a mental note of ensuring to not visit the hospital tomorrow I sit back on the sofa and take out a few books I was carrying to study...

"Do you need any help.. ??" Karan asks me ..

I shake my head in a no..

"Sure..??"

"Ummm yes I just need to do some self study..."

***
2

hours later

A nurse walks in and injects Karan with pain killers and sedatives for a peaceful night's sleep. I too grab an extra sheet and fall asleep on the couch...

Somewhere after midnight I hear murmurs coming... and immediately wake up since I am not a deep sleeper and realise that murmurs are coming from Karan..

I walk towards him and see him shaking a little I can feel some wetness on his cheek.

I immediately turn on the lights... and he is shaking crying murmuring words like "No.. no..", "Why..??"

He hadn't told me about the nightmares... He should have told me..

Brushing the thoughts away .. I start to console him...

"It is okay Karan... everything is fine.. you are here and I am here with you... Monami .. I am here everything is normal.." I hold his hand... he grips my hand very tight... slowly as I keep speaking his grip on my hand loosens but he doesn't leave my hand...

After he has completely calmed down I make an attempt at freeing my hand but in vain... he tightens his grip...

After waiting for a few minutes and realising he is not going to leave my hand... I pull out the stool under the hospital bed and sit on it ...

□KARAN □

As I wake up I feel a something heavy on my stomach... I shift a little in attempt to not hurt myself I see Monami sleeping there with her head lying on my abdomen ...

She is sleeping peacefully...her hair slightly covering her face.. and even after a stressful day in the hospital and an uncomfortable sleeping position her face is glowing... she might have realised about me having a nightmare... and came here to console me...

I don't really remember about having a nightmare but I have had nightmares of meeting her after dying ... after the whole relevation scenario to Monami.. I thought that all facts out was going to provide me peace instead I got nightmares as a gift .. and I still haven't told her as I should have though she is my psychologist..  I just couldn't find myself telling her that... nor did I get and appropriate chance.

I realise that out hands are entangled and slowly try to free my hand from her grip and wake her up instead...

"Good Morning... sorry I wasn't trying to wake you up..." I say with a soft smile I never knew could have existed for me...

"Good Morning... and I am sure you weren't trying to wake me up because we do have a lot of talking to do..." She smiles back with a sarcastic grin on her face....

"Do we really need to talk about that in hospital.. ??"

"I think you called me to be your psychologist even in hospital so I think we can .. right...??"

"Right" I say with a sigh...

***
Exam time guys sorry for not updating regularly 🥺

Do vote and comment ❤