Dating

■MONAMI■

It has been almost 2 weeks since I returned from hospital. 

The one week in hospital I spent with different trainers and Karan ensured to visit me in the visiting hours which were two times a day. He spent the entire time sitting beside my bed, feeding me fruit, food. He brought different flowers each day. He helped me with anything I needed. He knew I was hating missing on my studies without telling him... he taught me some parts of all the classes everyday brought me notes from other trainers.

The time I spent in hospital was dangerous for me. Not in that way but for my heart.

This was the reason I decided to go on dates. I couldn't go for the previous two weeks owing to my health conditions and the fact that I needed to catch up on the studies despite Karan teaching me some portions daily.

Nidhi is from nearby so she set up a blind date for me with her friend.

As the time passed the rules have relaxed a bit. We get to go out on the weekends and we get our phones when we go.

As soon as we both get our phone she gives me his number, his name is Avinash.

***

As decided between me and Avinash we meet at Café Coffee at 4 pm. He reached at the exact time as given by him. He is disciplined and respects other's time which is a good sign.

"Hi, I am Monami." I let out my hand for him

"Hello, I am Avinash.. let us order first." He grabs my hand shakes it and sits down.

"Sure."

We both open the menu and decide something to order. We continue the conversation after when I notice Karan walking into the café with another unknown person. He grabs a seat directly in line of my view with his back turned to me.

Now this not a good sign because I was thinking about forgetting about someone and moving on from a particular person and that person will now be sitting in front me with his back to me. 

I shake my head and decide to focus on the guy I am having my blind date with. I have a conversation and try not to zone out trying to eavesdrop and listen to a conversation I should have no business in. 

After managing to keep my focus on the person in front of me and deciding we aren't compatible to each other in many ways and how me being an orphan would be a big problem in their future we part ways. 

As we walk out of the café, Avinash offers to drop me.

"No thank you" I politely say with a smile.

"You were my date today it is my duty to drop you."

"I will drop her" Karan intervenes.

"Sorry, who are you..??" Avinash asks Karan

"I am with her at the academy so we are going the same way she can go with me."

"Okay dude, he is yours then." Avinash places a hand on Karan's shoulder and walks away waving off to me.

I am really confused on how Karan held his anger when Avinash placed is hand so casually on his shoulder, this confusion made me forget that now I have to go to the academy with Karan. I am hit with this realization when Karan asks me to follow him to the car.

I am about to get into the front seat of car when I notice the man that Karan was with is also coming with us. 

"You sit in the front Monami.. we need to drop him first." Karan tells me.

Wait I can use this as an excuse of being late and take a cab to the academy I am sure. 

"Okay. I will take a cab then I shouldn't spoil you meeting with your friend."

"No. Our work is done so you are not spoiling anything. It will just take 10 minutes extra so I insist."

I sit in the front seat. 

Wow such a loser couldn't even refuse for a lift.

Karan introduces me to the person with him, it is not his friend but his cousin with whom he had come. His cousin had flown over here only for few hours to get some documents signed from Karan. His cousin's hotel is actually at a 10 minute distance. The ride to the hotel has silence with occasional chatting by his cousin to update Karan on his extended family but after we drop him off complete silence is filled in the car. 

After 10 minutes of bearing this unbearable silence I finally decide to open my mouth.. "So what kind of papers did your cousin want you to sign.." That was something personal which I shouldn't have poked my nose into can I brush it off by saying I deserve to know it as a therapist...??? 

"My nana (maternal grandfather) left us some shared property. He was my mother's brother's son... and he manages that share of property because I am so busy. We are renting off the property for one month for a rich businessman to carry out his daughter's wedding functions peacefully. So he needed my signature on the rent papers."

"You sure you read them carefully, he was not forcing you to sign off anything like giving your property share to him."

"And why are you concerned.." he asks me in quite flirtatious tone which I must have misheard because he doesn't know how to flirt. Right !?

And he definitely won't flirt with me.

"I just wanted to know how much I take as a fees of being your therapist you know."

"Oh ! I thought me teaching you extra was a good enough payment for you."

I shrug my shoulders and gulp down because his nonchalant voice is doing something to me and it is definitely different from other times he has spoken casually with me and I can sense it. 

"Kidding ! I just don't want you to sign anything without reading. It is a concern every fellow human has for another fellow human he or she knows and thinks well off and being your therapist and student I definitely think well for you." I give him a smile and he nods... 

 ⇺◍⇻

Do show love ❤️