Return

■AUTHOR

2 weeks later 

Karan arrives back to the academy and a small party is organized which consists of Karan giving a small 'Thank You' speech and everyone if fed some basic Indian snacks. 

Faizi wanted to organize a party and sent Monami in his place to make him agree to it and Karan agreed to this after a lot of negotiations. 

Faizi's big party plan on welcoming back his friend turned into a speech with snacks and he was not not complaining but some part of him was also glad that at least Karan agreed to something. Monami also managed to convince him that something is better than nothing. 

While conversing about this topic to him in the hospital Monami had came to know how much Karan hates parties and socializing because sometimes people tend to open the wounds you are trying to heal. Also not attending parties is an easy way to convince people that you are cold so they don't look for your trust and expect warmth from you. Sometimes warming up to someone  hits you so hard that you can't do it again for the rest of your lives. 

Monami managed to convince him for a small get-together style of party where he doesn't need to socialize a lot but needs to take a step in that direction simply because it is necessary..

When Karan arrives back he notices a 'WELCOME BACK KARAN' banner behind the stage along with a few balloons. He very well knew this could be none other than Faizi. The stage had a podium set. Everyone was present when Karan arrived.

As soon as he arrives Batra Sir gets on the stage 
"Happy to have you back Karan. Yeh academy tumhare bina bahut khali khali lag rahi thi.. but since you are back now apne students ko waapis sambhalo.. Congratulations to the team jo iss mission se saari ammunition waapis lekar aayi... you guys did a great job.."

While Karan silently mouths a Thank you to Batra Sir the team shouts it..

Karan is invited on the stage for his speech
"It feels so good to be back honestly.. Sir maine bhi aap sabko aur iss academy ko bahut miss kiya.. Maine sabko train karna bahut miss kiya.. So aap sabki training kaisi chal rahi hai ??"

"Achhi Sir" the crowd shouts back in unison..

The training had started again and Sanjana and Siddharth were handling it. They didn't go any soft on the cadets instead asked them to push their limits more to start getting involved in more and more missions.

Training with guns had also started. The cadets were made well aware of the types of guns used and how each gun is different. A minor test was also conducted for their theory knowledge. The cadets were given demo of shooting and today was the first real in hand experience.

Monami actually flinched at the sound of gun shot initially during demos which definitely got better with time and reminiscing Karan's words bit it wasn't easy.. She is more nervous with Karan here at first day of shooting because she is not sure what a wreck she would be and if Karan really needs to witness that.. It would be guilt tripping for him to see her not perform any good and it would be partially because of him.

Karan's speech continues
"I am happy to know that and I will join back the training sessions from tomorrow. I am genuinely thankful to all of you because Faizi kept me updated on how  you guys are constantly asking about my condition from him. All those who sent me flowers and gifts there was no need but thanks a lot. The hospital stay has been a journey and made me realize many things." 

He glances at Monami.. "I was taught that a bad experience doesn't mean that I need to stop my life or never live it again. So a single gunshot which landed me in hospital doesn't mean I will give up on fighting for the nation, I will still do it. I hope you all will be a part of this new journey of my life..."

"Definitely Sir" The crowd shouts, hoots and claps cheerfully and Karan gives a content smile.. a smile which Faizi had not seen from a long time, a smile which Faizi wanted to return on his friend's face. 

Karan gets down the stage and meets Batra Sir who embraces him into a warm hug.. 

"Humein aise tension mat diya karo.." Batra Sir says..

"Sure Sir aage se koshish karoonga aisa na ho par waada nahi de sakta" Karan smiles..

"Jaanta hoon" Batra Sir breaks the hug "Chalta hoon thodi der mein minister sir se meeting hai.."

"Ok Sir" Faizi and Karan say in unison

Karan then moves on to talk to Sid and Sanjana and takes few updates from them. He also talks to a few cadets, some new agents and special agents which he didn't know before trying to socialize with them.

Monami smiles witnessing the interactions and at any eye contact between them they slightly give a nod to each other.  

"Tum mera peechha kyun kar rahe ho ??" Karan turns to notice Faizi following him..

"Ab waapis aa gaye ho yahaan toh dost ki zaroorat nahi rahi kya...???" Faizi runs catching up on Karan who had deliberately increased the speed of his footsteps.

They both reach Karan's room.. and Faizi is about to ask him questions but Karan shuts him out..

"Faizi main sach mein rest karna chahta hoon abhi itni energy nahi hai ki tere sawalon ke jawaab de sakoon but I promise jab himmat hogi tab zaroor doonga." Karan gives an apologetic smile and Faizi knows he is genuinely tired. Karan also had to read the updated training files to learn about the progress in the programme while he was hospitalized. 

Faizi leaves Karan alone to take rest..

(●ˇ∀ˇ●)

Do show love and support ❤️