Healing (1.1)

A/N

I wanted to write this part from POV of both.. so this is basically divided into four chapters where part 1 and 2 are based on the same conversation with part 1 being from Karan's POV and part 2 from Monami's POV , this is same with 3 and 4.

This chapter was getting long so I had to divide it into two parts and each part into two parts from POV of both of them

■Karan■

I have been saved for the past few hours because as soon as Monami woke up a nurse came in to check my vitals and then Faizi arrived so she was sent back to rest. I am not hoping to see today beacuse of the nurse sponge bath fiasco.

I am glad that the conversation is being postponed but nervous because I know it can't be left hanging for forever. I have to tell her about my nightmares which have started to come in recently. She will also not sit in peace and will be as restless as a I don't know may be a butterfly till she doesn't come to know the truth.

***
In the afternoon Monami arrives which leaves me flabbergasted. Faizi had already left due to a call from the academy.

Did she forget about the fact that she will have to give me a sponge bath because that nurse seemed pretty serious about this.

"We need to discuss about you Karan.." She speaks as soon as she is near my bed.

"I know I have a lot of things to tell.."

"Exactly"

"But I will talk about that on one condition.."

"What condition..???" She raises an eyebrow giving a confused look...

"That you have to first tell me about yourself.."

"About myself .. ??" The confused expression doesn't leave her face..

"Yes... how are you and how are you dealing with witnessing me shot...??" The confused expression wears off her face and she sighs...

I know it must have been difficult for her and she still won't have gotten over it... because first live shot witness and first pulling trigger on someone had been two difficult phases of my life... no matter how much the academy ensured to mentally prepare us... as a trainer I have also received training in how to counsel someone dealing with trauma of being a gun shot witness...

"Okay" She replies to me... as expressionless as possible...

There is absolute silence... I was waiting for her to speak up.. but when she doesn't I raise an eyebrow directing my eyes towards her...

"You expect me to tell you now immediately??" pointing her finger on herself..

"Haan kyunki tumhe sach bolna hai toh I don't expect any preparation..." casually I tell her

"Mentally prepare hone ke liye bhi nahi ...???"

"But we are not strangers anymore so..."

"So I don't need time jaise tumne mujhe aakar ek dum se bata diya tha you are having nightmares again.." She taunted me... I didn't expect this.. but this is true.. I didn't tell her about the nightmares due to many reasons but one of them was I wasn't able to garner courage to tell her...