Trail

■KARAN■

A second chance at love ? I will be able to give it once I start trusting people I might love someone else.

I wanted to tell Monami about how I feel what I experienced earlier might not exactly be love just two people where one got attracted and the other one was there for revenge got together...

How falling in love should be natural but it won't have been natural because she schemed to make me fall in love..??

I am not yet asking her because I this is something I should try to understand myself...

These all questions are getting me back to overthinking but I can't go back to sleeping with sedatives because that will be wrong on my part and a waste of hardwork of both me and Monami... so I try sleeping without them and get successful in it..

The next two days pass in peace ... my proposal to start the classes early has been expected and they will be starting from next week, official notices have been issued...

For training today we will be following a small trek followed by a night camp... it will test their navigation and fitness skills... a trained officer has been alloted to each team to help with communication to the higher ups..

We start at dawn at 4 am because the trail is long and it will take atleast 6 hours for cadets to reach there and then there are other challenges piled up for them... There are few things no matter how hard we try can't be taught in the academy for that you have to step out of your comfort zone and find comfort with mother nature...

I will not be following these cadets instead directly reach at the camp point via car...

"All cadets present"

"Yes Sir" all of them shout in unison ..

Sanjana takes attendance of all the cadets...

"Good Morning Sir" Siddharth joins us .. "The maps of the trail are ready.."

"Hand them over.." One map is distributed to each of the teams which were pre-decided along with the alloted trained officer..

"How are you ..??" Sid asked after he handed over the maps...

"I am fine..." And I notice him giving a smile to Sanjana ... the signs are so visible how was I so blind..

I told Siddharth about my past leaving the details of how her name was Monami and had a similar face because everyone on knowing this detests her a little in the start... Monami herself did that too her, she might not have accepted it in front of others but I know she did that.

In return for my secret because he wanted to be on equal levels with me he revealed about his relationship with Sanjana and how they have been faring for long time... truthfully I was a little astonished but now I feel like an idiot oblivious of what was going around me.. they are so obvious that I guess half of the cadets are already aware about it...

Should I ask Monami about it ? Won't that be breach of Siddharth's privacy ? But if I am confused about something shouldn't I ask my therapist ?

Annoyed with no answers I shake my head. I should leave the topic for now and focus on the training...

"Teams ready with your plan ?"

"Yes Sir.."

"All the best.. I hope you all are able to complete the tracks in the time alloted to you guys... anyone who reaches after time will get a punishment otherwise all will have fun activities.  But fun activities doesn't mean you can slack of this is still very much a part of your curriculum so I hope you all will work as hard as possible.."

"Yes Sir.."

***

At 1:30 pm

All the teams are here except for one and that is Monami's. The time to reach this point was 12:30 pm because it would have taken cadets time to understand the map and reach, they were no experts but Monami's team hasn't come yet... they are one hour late than the closing time...

How can they not be here ? She was good with maps.

I just hope nothing has wrong has happened atleast the communication team should have contacted. From our end we can't get in touch with them...

I see Monami's team's assigned trained cadet and rush towards him.. He is only with another member of the team..

"Baaki sab .. tumhari baaki team kahaan hai??" I ask hurriedly as soon as I reach an audible distance from him..

He looks tired and worn out.. and is breathless due to constant running...
"Sir..." breath ... "Sir woh"..

"Sir woh ke aage kya.." I ask him worried .. with each breath of his calming down the speed of my heart is increasing...

"Sir woh Monami ka pair patthar par rakha gaya aur woh slip ho gaya.. she fell.."

Without listening further I start running in the direction where they came from..

"Sir stop..." her team member shouts...

"She didn't fall of the cliff we managed to push her back up.." the trained cadet says loudly

"So why are you guys alone..??" I walk back to them..

"We need to actually get the first aid kit.."

I follow them back to the camp and with the first aid kit and on-site doctor we reach her. Her knee is bleeding profusely. The doctor cleans up her wound and  bandages it. 

"I think we need to take the whole team back to a hospital and get them checked for any signs of internal injury and bleeding."

"Okay" I reply and immediately call Faizi to bring the car down and Siddharth and Sanjana will handle the rest. 

We need to walk to the road in order to get into the car. Monami makes several attempts to get up and walk but in vain. I offer to help and lift her up in bridal style to the car..

After reaching the hospital, all of them undergo scans and tests, only one of their team member named Anisha had a small internal injury the rest of her team members were fine. Monami had a concussion and small clot in her leg which needed to be removed surgically

As academy was her guardian currently, they immediately conducted the operation..

After almost 2 hours of waiting..

"The clot has been removed.. we will keep her on medications for the concussion and to ensure that no other clots are formed. She is still under the effect of anaesthesia which may take 12-18 hours to wear off. One of you can stay with her. She needs to be in the hospital for at least a week." the doctor said coming out of the operation theatre.

"Thank you doctor.." nodding at me he takes an exit.

"I will stay here tonight with Monami.. it must have been tiring for you all take up some rest. I will call one of the staff to stay in Anisha's room overnight till then she is my responsibility."

"Are you sure Karan..??" Faizi asks...

"Definitely she stayed by me when I was injured I should take it as a payback chance"

※※※

Do show love🥰. I am trying to update ASAP !!