Chapter 15: BACK TO SQUARE ONE

I will never forget this day, a day where I was supposed to be happy because of my first time singing in the recording room but I'm here crying the whole night thinking how bad I screwed my life when it comes to love. I'm exhausted, my head is spinning, and I feel like suffocating.

I want to close my eyes and rest for a bit but every time I close my eyes, Jimin is the only figure that comes to my mind and I wake up abruptly. We've come so far together yet now I feel him so distant.  I should have been just a friend, at least I wouldn't have lost him forever. I look at the time on my phone screen and it shows 11 in the morning. 

Ugh, time went by swiftly and I didn't realize that the sun is already up.  I went in to take a shower right away hoping it would refresh me. I came out of the shower and a notification pops. I grab my phone to see who was it from. It's Riaz. I call her while I was still standing in my towel wrapped around my body.

Renee: hey...

Riaz: what's with your tone...? Is everything alright Ren..?

Renee: Yeah .. I'm fine.. I just woke up... probably that's why.

Riaz: Okay.. talk to me if there's anything bothering you..

Renee: I'm fine Riaz... why did you call..?

Riaz: oh, I received your email around midnight and I just read it. Are you coming back to LA today..? If so, I'll let my colleague know and she'll arrange a place for you to stay so that you both could meet before you meet her sister.

Renee: I'm staying at my own place, my apartment. But you can let her know that we can meet the next day. We can talk about her sister's new book officially in the office.

Riaz: Sure, I'll pass the message. So what time is your flight?

Renee: At 1. I got to go, I haven't packed anything yet. I'll call you once I reach LA.

Riaz: Sure, I'll wait for your call. Have a safe flight babe, love you...

Renee: love you too. bye... 

I hang up the call.

I took the suitcase beside my closet and start packing my clothes for as much as I needed to use in LA, probably it's going to be a long stay. After packing my clothes I found an old box where I usually hid my most precious stuff back in those days. I open the box lid and found a small gift box.

I open the box and found the Swarovski multi-layered necklace that Jimin bought for me on my 21st birthday

I open the box and found the Swarovski multi-layered necklace that Jimin bought for me on my 21st birthday. The chaotic day in my life that I can never forget, everything comes back to my memory refreshed again as if it happened very recently. Tears rolls down my cheeks when I saw that necklace. It was given by him full of love and now I'm holding it in my hand knowing he's now far gone from me. I sat on my knees trying to take in the fact that now he's with Aera, still another friend of mine.

*knocks on the door*

Renee: yeah..?

Hoseok: Ren, it's me.. are you awake..?