Chapter 19: I'D RISK IT ALL FOR YOU 💍

7 AM

Outfit:

I know what I'm going to do will somehow end badly for me and Jimin, that's the whole thing going on in my head since yesterday

I know what I'm going to do will somehow end badly for me and Jimin, that's the whole thing going on in my head since yesterday. I'm going to risk it all but if this is about protecting the people I love then I'd do anything especially when it's Jimin and the boys. If I don't do exactly what Lionell asks for, then he'd do anything to get what he wants. Suga's plans were in a repeated mode in my head like a chant. I hope everything goes according to the plan.

I reached the office a minute late and thankfully Kate is nowhere to be seen at the entrance. I guess it's like a good luck in advance for me. I took the elevator to my office and I saw the glass  door of my office opened. I walk in to find Lawrence and Lionel was standing in front of the table.

Lionel: Ah, there you are. Lawrence, meet Renee, the company's good luck charm. She's the chief editor, whose job you're going to take over.

Lawrence: Yes, we've met yesterday. Good morning Ms Renee.

Renee: Renee's fine, good morning to you too Lawrence. Now, may I know what are you doing here in my office..? Is there any brief meeting we're going to have Mr. Lionel..?

Lionel: Meeting's almost over actually. I was simply explaining a few responsibilities that he has to take care of on behalf of you since you were running late. 

Renee: Oh you don't have to do that, I'm sorry to trouble you but I could have explained it to him.

Lionel: Not at all a trouble, of course. You're my soon to be wife, I should take away some of your burden if I could so it doesn't matter.

Lawrence: Wait..  you're together..? he asks surprisingly.

Lionel: Yeah, it's been long now and I think you should know since you're going to work for us. Now Renee, can I meet you for a moment at my office..?

Renee: Sure, right behind you. Lawrence, I had prepared a list of responsibilities for you and it's on the table. Go through it and see what you can cover for the moment. I'll be back.

Lawrence nods in agree as I walk out the door following Lionel to the elevator. He seems to be smiling ever since I saw him at my office, pretty good mood huh..? Enjoy while it lasts Lionel,  because I'll make sure you'd never smile again. The elevator doors opens, and he steps out, walking to his office and I follow him. He closes the door as we both entered and walks to his table, reaching out for a black gift box and place it on the table.

Lionel: There's something that caught my attention while I went out for shopping and you came to mind so I bought it for you. Pretty sure it'll fit you. Open it.

He hands me the box while giving an irritable smile on his face. I open the lid and it was:

 I open the lid and it was: