39. F*C* (Fuck/Face) IT.

Daman sat on her bed, unable to sleep even after pacing around the whole floor for two hours. It was around midnight when she heard a sound in the room next door.

She left her room, after checking on Tejas and knocked on the adjacent door.

She had not asked any questions to his parents, about his whereabouts and the nature of his business. She knew they did not owe her any explanations. She had just taken her leave from the room minutes after Ekansh, by the excuse of checking on her son.

It was after another knock that the door opened and Ekansh stood in his black sweatpants, without a shirt.

"Oh, I... thought it was househelp with the ice pack." He said as she chuckled.

"No, it is the salt for your wounds." Daman said, as she noticed the blood pouring from his knuckles.

"Salt should also kill bacteria by osmosis, but I doubt someone has tried it." He says stepping aside to let her walk in.

"Look, I'm really thankful to you and your family... But I was wondering when the whole property business would be done with, so I could fly back."

"No, you're irritated at that phone call, my response to the call and the wounds on my knuckles and want to run away before you get trapped here." He says as her mouth opened wide and her eyes scrunched narrow.

"No, that's not..." She was saying.

"We have a business dealing with weaponry and supply to almost all of the country. Gangsters and mafias rise and fall daily. They interfere with our business, things get rough, they get killed." he says as if it was a routine procedure.

"Whose Bismat?"

"A guy, not gay or bisexual and neither am I." He said as she rolled her eyes.

"What does he do for you?"

"He's my right hand-man and manages everything when I'm away."

"He kills people for you?"

"He kills people to keep my people safe."

"There's police for that." she said as he took a deep breath. There was another knock on the door as she kept her eyes away from his hot naked torso.

He took the ice pack and shut the door before walking to her.

"Daman, look... I love you... with the very existence of mine. I get that this is new, but I am no criminal. I am no God. I don't decide who lives or dies, there actions do. I am a protector. Of my people, of my business, my empire, my family... And hopefully... Yours..." He says.

"I... I can't do this... You come into my life, cherish me and then leave... Than you walk in burdening me with all... All this..." She said flailing her arms around in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Daman. But this.. This is a part of me. A part I hid, to avoid scaring you off. This is the truth about me and we have to face it."

"Oh. Fuck it. I'm done." she says ready to walk out of the room as he held her wrist and made her turn to face him.

"You told me that you could have lived in a small apartment on rent, if it was with me. Now, even a palace isn't enough. But... I still give it you... The palaces, the gold and the diamonds, the vast expanse of lands and the... The crown. I don't want anything... Just you. You're all I need...  But all I ask... I beg of you is... Let me serve. Let me do my duty to my people." he said, holding her hand between both his hands and sat on his knees begging.

"Ekansh, you can't..." She said trying to get him up. She knew he was the ruler and sitting on his knees, begging in desperation wasn't very 'king like' of him. She noticed, this was the second time he had done this.