47. After-party

Daman's POV

"Let's go..." Ekansh said after we were done with the family picture of 6.

Yes, he included me in his family picture and that should feel nice, but it's confusing me even more.

"Is Tejas asleep?" He said as I just nodded.

"A few drunk guests left." Ravleen announces looking over the metal bars down at the ball room.

"We'll get rid of them. You check on the kids." Her husband said as Ekansh nodded looking at me.

"See you." He said, gently kissing the side of my forehead and walking away with Sidharth.

"He is SMITTEN." Ravleen says the last word in a funny voice, with her eyes widen to express her confusion.

"Yes, seems like it." I say picking up my heavy lehenga to turn down the corridor and reach the kids room.

There were three canopy beds set in a room, with a small cupboard on the side with a few toys. A study table, and an almirah placed near the window. The moon shaped lamp emitted a calming dim blue light around the room.

Tejas had gotten sleepy in Ekansh's arms and I had brought him and placed him on the bed as he slowly drifted to sleep holding my arm. Then I went back to the party.

"Samrudhi talks while sleeping sometimes. Do you think that would wake up Tejas? I can shift her into my..." Ravleen was going to ask as I shake my head.

"No. he's a tight sleeper. But Ekansh has a strict watch on the baby monitor so don't worry."

"Oh, that's good. Sid never wakes up by the sounds of the baby monitor." she said, as I smiled. Then we walked out after spending 5 minutes in the room and checking on the kids.

+++++++Narrator's POV++++++++

"Let's go have dinner." She said, as Daman looked at her outfit.

"Can we go change?" She asked, as Ravleen smiled.

"Let Ekansh take you out of this dress. Believe me, you'll thank me tomorrow." She said, as her cheeks tinted a light red.

"No, that's..." Daman was ready to argue.

"Come on. We know you both share a room at the palace back home too. Things like this spread quickly. But don't worry, nobody spreads palace gossip outside. They know the repurcussions. We pay them well for silence."

Daman didn't want to tell her that nothing of that sort had happened between her and Ekansh since they had been back in each other's lives. Oral was good, and so were the make outs, but she couldn't wait.

She didn't want to force him either. If he wanted to wait till marriage, even that was his choice.

"That way." Ravleen said, as a servant opened the door to a room.

The table had almost 30 chairs on both sides with The King sitting at the head. Ekansh stood on his right, while The Queen stood on his left. Ravleen walked towards the Queen as I walked to Ekansh.

"Where's Sid?" Ravleen asked, as Ekansh shook his head towards the balcony.

"He's on a call." He said, as Ravleen huffed.

"You all might be hungry so go ahead..." She was saying ready to move towards her husband.

"You shouldn't. We'll wait." Ekansh said, as Ravleen just maintained eye contact with him for a minute and then sat down.

"Did the kids eat?" Mr. Sandhu, or The King as he is, asked as the two mothers nodded.

"They didn't sit down and had a proper dinner. They had snacks all through the evening and then when the dinner buffet opened, they did have a little here and there." Daman said as they heard the door click and Sidharth walked in.