4. First date

March' 2018

She was sitting in the library, her nose deep in a book as her phone vibrated. It was a whatsapp text and she unlocked her phone to see who it was from.

Unknown number -[I want to talk to you...]

She clicked on the display picture and there stood Ekansh with a smile under a mango tree.

She replied -[I'm in the library. Can it wait, Sir?]

Ekansh- [okay] he replied and went offline. She got worried, packed her books, got out and dialed the number.

"Sir, Everything okay?" She asked hoping that he had broken up with Tara, but also curious as to how he got her number.

"I just dropped off Tara at the hostel and..." He says as she was trying not to squeal.

"And?" She asked.

"And I couldn't do it. I couldn't break her heart." He says as her heart sank.
"Like she has a heart..." She says as he sighs on the other end.

"I'm confused. I really thought of a future with her. I love her like really love her and..." He was about to say and then paused.

"Can I see you?" He asks as she shrugged as if he could see her right now.

"Sure, if talking about it makes you feel better." She said, as he picked her up for a long drive by the canal.

They didn't talk about his relationship, Tara or any such thing.

They just talked about each other and their taste in music, people etc. How similar yet how differently unique they were in different aspects of life. The flow of conversation was unstoppable as they talked for almost four hours and then he parked near her hostel.

"This was fun. Thank you Sir" she said opening the car door as he frowns.

"Don't call me sir when we are alone."

"Okay... Umm.. Ekansh... Bye." She said trying not to blush as a smile tugged at his lips from hearing her say his name.

And then they started talking on the phone.

Talks that went on for hours and hours into the night. He soon picked her up for another cup of coffee, as they talked for 2 hours, before dropping her off.

He parked the car a little far away from her hostel.

"Should I walk from here?" She said and he shook his head.

"No, i don't want to drop you off yet. There's still time for your hostel gate to close." He said and she shrugged.

"So... We just sit here?" She asked and he nodded.
"If that's okay?" He said as she smiled and that smile broke something inside him.

"Tell me to stop." He said and put a hand behind her head pulling her in, to taste her lips like he had been starving for days for them. He locked his lips with hers, desperate and passionate, never wanting to part. She moaned, with her heart beating faster in a high, letting him slide his tongue within her mouth and taste her deeper. She felt his hand over her front with her eyes closed, reeling in the sensation of the kiss as realization striked.

She opened her eyes and pushed him away.

"Daman? He said and she shook her head on the verge of tears.

"You still have a girlfriend... And I am not letting you cheat on her with me, No matter what she does." She said and picked her phone and wallet, left the car shutting the door in fury.

She walked towards her hostel as he banged his head in the staring and the horn sounded out loud. A passerby glared at him, as he got up and apologized deciding to drive away once he saw her safely enter the hostel premises.