46. The Ball

Ekansh set his jacket, and the turban jewels, before picking up his perfume Royal Oud from Georgio Armani and let the droplets descend onto himself and his clothing. He was rubbing the pulse points of his wrist when he heard someone enter.

"Ekansh?" Tejas said as he turned to look at the little one surprised.

"Tejas, Did you come here alone? Where's Sumit and Samrudi? There room is three floors down. Who dropped you?" He asks, as Narmada steps in the door, catching her breath.

"Sorry, Yuvraj." She says with a bow as Ekansh immediately relaxes.

"No. Don't apologize. I just want him to be watched at all times especially when there will be a lot of people here." Ekansh says walking to him and picking him up in his matching outfit. "You look good." Ekansh says.

"You look good too." Tejas says as Ekansh smiles, kissing his cheek as he lets out a giggle and a playful scream.

"My beard tickling your neck again?" Ekansh asks as he nods, so Ekansh did it again.

"Ahhhh... Aannshhh... Sttaawwppp... Hehehehe" Tejas said, as he stopped and looked at him.

"Your mom ready?" He says, looking into the mirror for a final lookout.

"Oh yes... she looks amazing... Oh and you know she has BIG eyes... She put.. Put black down her eyes... And they go sooo pretty." Tejas says, his hands gesturing open at 'Big' and then like the twinkling of stars at 'pretty'.

"The same damn Kajal that used to make it hard for me to breath." Ekansh said, as Tejas scrunched his nose up.

"Kaajjal." Tejas said repeating after him.

"Yes, Kajal. Now don't tell her that you told me anything. Let's go see her." He said walking out with Tejas in his arms.

"Kunwar." He heard a feminine voice and turned to look at the younger sister of his ex-fiancé, bending in a curt bow.

"Princess Reya" he said as she smiled.

"This must be Sumit?" She asked, as Ekansh shook his head.

"No, Sumit's a grown up. This is Tejas. Tejasveer Singh Ghuman. Ajay, take Tejas to his mother please but if she's getting ready take him to the kids and Narmada ji." Ekansh told the guy that was standing outside his door and Tejas didn't go into his lap from Ekansh's arms but instead decided to walk.

Ekansh chuckled at the royal attitude, he was already developing. "He's the son of my college sweetheart and my date for the evening." Ekansh told Reya, as her face turned upside down.

"The reason you helped my sister elope?" She says, as his face turns into a suspicious frown. He noticed her revealing black sequin saree and the way it was too gaudy for the occasion being held downstairs. She had dark red lipstick and he was reminded of a particular actress looking beautiful in the outfit, but he was sure a royal ball was not an event for the bare neck and small stud earrings.

Yes, it was modern but it wasn't looking beautiful. It looked like he would decide to wear sweatpants to a meeting of the executive level adminstrating officers.

"She eloped for love and I helped her as a Just monarch and an Empathetic person. It's good to see you. Please enjoy your evening." he said, not even letting her speak as he turned to walk towards the room her mother and Daman were supposed to get ready in.

He knocked on the Sheesham wood door carved into exquisite designs and plated with a little touch of gold here and there.

"Come in." Daman said, as Ekansh pushed the door open and walked in.