43. Hell broke loose

The next three days passed helping with the final decisions of the anniversary ball. Daman and Tejas had well adjusted to the life as she sat on the iron swing in the wide open terrace infront of the rooms and the pool, looking out at the picturesque mountains. She had noticed a little hut far and up  there on the top, and wondered who lived in it.

"Coffee?" Ekansh said, as a black ceramic mug with golden artfully done abstract art came in front of her.

"Thanks" she said taking it from him as he sat beside her.

"Asleep?" He asks, as she nodded.

"Yeah. He went to his first swimming lesson this morning with Sumit and Samrudhi downstairs. Came back tired."

"Isn't he too young at 3 years old?"

"Swimming is a life skill, important for survivability. My schedule doesn't allow him anything back home and we only have Sundays to ourselves. I wanted him to learn to keep his head up and out of water, since he was 3 months old." She said, as Ekansh nodded.

"You and my mom are alike. I just... I want him safe and sorry... I have no right to second guess your decisions." He said as Daman leaned her head onto his shoulder.

"I think I can use a little second guessing. I am tired of being the decision maker. Forgot what it is to rebel, have fun ." She said, as he chuckled and then was suddenly quiet.

"How about we go have a little fun for an hour or two and maybe lunch? I don't think Tejas will wake up soon."

"He is fed and yes won't be up soon soo... What do you have in mind?" She asked looking up at him.

"Bowling?" He asked.

"But, you suck at it."

"No, i don't." He said, hiding a mischievous smile.

"Oh, we'll see Dr. Ekansh. We'll see."

++++++++++++

"You have improved." She said, as he chuckled returning from the alley after hitting a spare as Daman wanted to go for a strike.

"I've been practicing." He said, as one of the many guards who were surrounding them, walked towards him and whispered something in his ear.

"Keep Dr. Daman safe." Ekansh said, as Daman kept the ball back.

"What's wrong?" She enquired.

"I need to go take care of something."

"I'll come with you."

"NO... It's... It's dangerous." He said, dismissing the conversation and turning his back to her.

"You can't expect me to be a part of your life, without letting me be a complete part of your life." She said, as he turned and held out his hand for him to take. She put hers in his, as they walked out. She looked for the choice of vehicle, but instead they walked among the people in hurried step down the road to what looked like a clinic.

"Where's he?" Ekansh growled, as the nurse bowed and pointed to a direction. Daman noticed the scattered furniture, the thrown magazines and the broken vase around the hall.

"In here." A guy in the royal guard's uniform entered from the opposite direction and Ekansh followed him.

He took two steps, and then paused to look back at her.

"You sure you wanna do this?" He asked, and she just nodded unsure as to what was next.

He walked forward and left two doors right, taking the third to what looked like a private doctor's consultation room. A guy sat with his hands tied above his head on the bed.