Chapter 10:The Holder of Order Magic

WISTERIA

THERE are times when I'm alone, I always wonder if I didn't get curious about the valkras in the laboratory and didn't went to investigate that night, things might have turned different for me. I would be still a healer and I would be still living in West Eritrea with my friends.

But all these thoughts will remain as it is.

I was awoken up when the sunlight crept into my room and shone directly on my face. They had given me a room, a large one at the east tower. It was bigger than the one I had at the manor. It has a canopied bed, enormous gold curtains, tiled fireplace with a private bath. For someone who had no permanent home and used to living in moldy tents, living in a palace feels overwhelming.

I removed the blanket over me and grabbed my night robe. Letters and quills littered the side table. I remembered that I was writing to Alphonse last night. I haven't heard a single word from anyone in Asmaria until now, nor from Alphonse. General Vissarion might have taken care of what happened at the military settlement so no one will hear about it, but I know Alphonse will know about it somehow. He has eyes and ears at Ravndal.

I grabbed all my letters and hid them inside the table's drawer. I am at East Eritrea, it'll be impossible to send a letter across the border. All I could do is to hope that I'll see him soon. Though, I don't know how.

My thoughts has been disturbed by a sudden knock.

"Come in." I said, my mouth dry.

The door swung open and Zenya entered.

"Morning." she greeted brightly. "The General sent me to bring you this."

It was a military clothes. For a second, I thought they will have me wear the navy coat like every Summoner.

"You are to meet the king today, so the General want to present you as Specialist first."

"Oh, alright."

I didn't have the energy to ask why I need to be presented to the king and followed Zenya's instructions. I took a quick, warm bath and wore a cotton robe on my way out. When I arrived back to my room, I saw a familiar face next to Zenya. It was Nina on her immaculate white robes.

"You remember her, I believe." said Zenya. "Nina."

"Of course I do."

"Such an honor to work for you again, Miss Sovetsky." said Nina, smiling brightly like she always does.

"Oh, no need for formalities amongst friends."

Nina, then, began to work with my hair. She styled it to look more presentable. And not only did she styled my hair but also modify my appearance. The flaws in my face seemed to have disappeared making me look as though I had a full eight hours of sleep. While Nina's working on my face, adding color on my lips in a shade of pale pink, she told me that she has been a magical healer for a long time before she learned that she can modify people's appearances.

When Zenya returned, she had a round hat with her with a veil on it.

"Is she ready?" she asked.

"She is."

"Very well. The General is already waiting for you outside. And by the way, you are to wear this veil until you reach the grand palace." I took it and looked at it with narrowed eyes.

"Why?"

"Because no one is supposed to see you until you met the King."

When I put the hat on, I could barely see where I was going. With Zenya's help, I made it outside the palace where the General along with his black carriage are waiting.