Chapter 5:Light and Lies

WISTERIA

I WOKE UP, startled. I was expecting to find myself in another abandoned place and chained up, but when I opened my eyes, I realize that I was lying in the coziest canopied bed.

The room was another unfamiliar place yet it doesn't look like that it would cause me harm. It was a lush, decadent room with couches and tables, chandelier hung at the high ceiling and the walls were covered with wallpaper. It almost felt like I'm in a royal bedchamber. But this didn't let my guard down. I could still remember vividly what happened before I was taken here.

I crept down the bed and noticed that I was wearing a night gown instead of my uniform. There was a white, double door across the room which suddenly swung open. Five women had entered. They look as just young as I am. The first one was wearing a white robe with silver detailing on it and the rest are wearing a white puffed dress with an apron over it.

"Hello, I'm Nina Nikolaeva." said the red-headed girl wearing an immaculate white robes

She smiled at me brightly as she offered her hand. Feeling wary, I stepped back and refused to take it.

"Where am I?" I asked sharply.

"The General will explain everything to you. But first, I need you to look presentable in front of him so we brought some clothes for you to try on." said Nina gently. "The bath is this way."

But instead of going for bath, I ask even more.

"General who?" my brows furrowed.

"You'll know soon enough." Nina said with finality in her voice and motioned the four women to guide me inside the bathroom.

The bathroom is the same size of our healer's ward. It was spotless clean and smells fresh and floral. One of the chamber maid filled the bathtub with warm water and poured a liquid soap.

"We will be outside in case you need anything, miss." said one of the servant before leaving.

I hesitated for a moment if I should take a bath or look for a way out of this place. There was only one window in here, but it was too small to fit in. I didn't know exactly where I was and what do they need from me. All I know is that those people in navy robes enchant me and now I woke up in a luxurious place. But this couldn't been a castle, there's no castle in West Eritrea.

Finally, I decided to clean myself quickly and browse the clothes they had brought me. I saw a military-like uniform amongst the clothes and decided to go for it.It was a dark green blazers with a long-pleated skirt. Once I'm dressed up, I finally came out of the bathroom.

Nina is still there, waiting.

"Have a seat." she ushered me to sit in front of the vanity table with enormous mirror. Feeling obliged and uneasy, I followed.

Nina run her fingers in my hair and it magically turned into smooth and shiny like never before.S he also caressed my face with her thumb which magically removed the bruises on my face.

"You're a Magic Wielder." I blurted out.

Nina smiled. "You're right. I am as rare as you are. And you're all set, General Valinor is already waiting for you."

General Valinor? Who could that be?

We are escorted by two guards in maroon tailcoats as Nina led me into the carpeted hallway. My eyes wandered around as we past dozens of portraits of unfamiliar faces. We climbed several flight of stairs and turned into several hallways. The place was so huge that I can't get lost if I ever planned on escaping.