Chapter 24:Blueprint

"SAY WHAT NOW!?" Zeka exclaimed in incredulous manner, his expression was mixed of both fear and astonishment upon knowing what his mission was.

The mission he was given was to get the Grand Palace's blueprint.

Alphonse cast him a dull look.

"Did I stutter?" he asked dully.

Zeka's face turned scarlet to pale white. His eyes twitched and his body trembled.

"B-but...h-how...I-I c-can't..." he stuttered, unable to form a sentence.

"Let me do it." Zhoya presented as she seen how Zeka struggled. "It's part of my job, anyway."

"No." Alphonse made a firm decision. "You have to show yourselves at the circus once in a while."

"But boss," Wendale interjected but received a piercing look from Alphonse which made him sank back to his chair and his mouth shut.

"As I was saying, this mission must done flawlessly or the entire plan will fall apart." Alphonse added sternly.

Zeka swallowed hard - there's a sickening feeling from the pit of his stomach - he felt as though his life depends on this mission.

"B-but...why me?" Zeka asked in a small voice.

"Because for the obvious reason: You are not being hunted by the authorities." Alphonse stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Being a free man wasn't much an advantage for Zeka. Even he choose being hunted by the authority or doing his mission, it only leads to two things.

Imprisonment or Death.

His body trembles just by thinking of it.

No, he thought firmly. He's not going to let that happen. What he needs now is to think why he's doing all of these. His dream. He's doing all of these for the money to fulfill his dream.

"Don't worry," added Alphonse. "It's not like I'm going to let you on your own. I'll be there to supervise."

Zeka didn't know whether to feel assured or not.

"Fine!" Zeka said finally, with half determination. "I-I'll do it."

"It's settled, then. I'll go get change."

Alphonse left the room and was out for more than five minutes. While he was at it, Wendale and Zhoya told Zeka that they will be off to Circus.

"Don't think about it much, boss got you covered." said Wendale, in a hope to reassure him. He patted him at the back and bade him a goodbye.

Zeka could do nothing but to accept what he calls fate. The door swung open once more, this time, Alphonse entered. But something seems different from him - no, there's definitely off with him.

"Er...did you change your style?" Zeka asked carefully.

"I did, for this mission."

Zeka was slightly taken aback from the man he was looking at right now. His hair lay flat on both side of his head, as though it has been licked by saliva; The way he dress also changed - a plain suit, without his remarkable black coat and bowler hat - making him less intimidating. His horn-rimmed eyeglasses made him slightly unrecognizable.

"I need to be careful not to be recognized. After all, it's the Grand Palace we're headed."

All Zeka could do was nod.

"Come, I'll tell you the plan on the way."

And so they left. When they got outside, they boarded a carriage and told the coachman their destination.