Chapter 11:The Threat

THE RUMOR about the new Magic Wielder gas spread like a wildfire in West Eritrea, mostly in Ravndal. The rumor has reached the people who's not happy about it.

"A holder of what magic?" Councilman Rawlins asked Vissarion.

Vissarion just heard about this rumor and immediately informed the councilman about it. As he was expecting, he's not happy to hear it.

"Order Magic," Vissarion repeated. "Something that can allegedly destroy the impenetrable Mist."

Rawlins slammed his fist against his desk furiously. He wasn't expecting such rumor at the middle of his campaign of turning Asmaria as an independent nation. It would be the end of him if his plans will fall apart.

"But it was only a rumor - " Vissarion began.

"It better be!" Rawlins interrupted, his nose flared. "Millions of qirsh will be at stake if our plan will be ruined!"

"It won't." Vissarion assured him with full confidence. "I'll take care of the little witch."

When Vissarion left the capitol, he boarded his carriage and told the coachman where to go. He brush his beard while thinking deeply. The girl is a huge threat, he thought. He must do something about it immediately.

The carriage stopped in front of a three-story establishment with a flashing sign that reads 'Theater'. He entered the establishment along with the theater goers. He turned into the left corridor and reached a bronze door, manned by armed men. These men had a visible tattoo of a symbol on their neck which shows that they belong in a particular organization.

"This is off limits." said the tallest of the two and gestured Vissarion to stop.

"I'd like to talk to your boss." Vissarion told them, but none of them made the slightest movement.

"Who are you?" the other one growled.

"Vladimir Vissarion!" said Vissarion who's starting to get irritated by the irrelevant questions.

The tallest guy knocked on the bronze door and entered. It took not more than a minute before he comes out and told Vissarion to come in.

"What do I owe this surprising visit?" Fiodor Novicoff grinned as Vissarion stepped into his office.

Fiodor Novicoff was known as Alphonse Mordova's rival enemy in the underground organization in Ravndal. He runs several businesses to cover up his illegal activities.

"I need you to do a work for me." Vissarion blurted with authority. He didn't mind putting a filter on his mouth despite of his rank on the army.

Novicoff grinned wider.

"You know me, I won't say no for the right price." said Novicoff.

"A million qirsh," said Vissarion. "Bring me Wisteria Sovetsky - dead or alive."

***

"Have you heard?" Wendale had spoken with a purpose. "I heard a rumor that the magic folks found a Light Summoner."

Alphonse, Zhoya and Wendale were at the marketplace of Lordslane. Wendale who had a hobby of attracting women only come into use for gathering information. The rumor about the new Magic Wielder has already reached him.

"Light Summoner?" Zhoya repeated curiously. "Why, are they planning to destroy the Mist?"

"Who knows?" said Wendale. "We don't know how these people's mind works."

"You talk as if they came from different species."

"Aren't they?" Wendale chuckled.

Zhoya glared at him darkly.