Chapter 19:Witches and Hunters

TERRA ALTA, a village near the northern boundary was completely burned into ashes. The sight was horrifying: houses completely destroyed, fallen soldiers lay motionless and the civilians were filled with fear and terror.

The recent attack was unpredictable as it happened during daytime. Who would think a group of Aldanor hunters would attack a village in a broad daylight?

"Take all the bodies and search the area for survivors." command a Specialist to his fellow soldiers.

Zenya Uznezya, a Summoner, stood at the side of the road as she watch a woman cried over her dead family.

"I cannot do this!" she turned away. The other Magic Wielder who has been sent for special mission are with her.

Carter, a fellow Summoner caught a tear rolled down Zenya's flawless cheeks. He tapped her shoulder lightly to comfort her.

"Oh, when will this end." spoke a healer whose name was Yelena. She sighed in hopelessness.

"I don't know when will the Aldanors grow up." said Carter. "Hey, do you know that not everyone in the north are really rebels? I heard few of them were held captive by the Aldanor's leader by refusing to be part of their rebellion."

"Oh, I hope that's true." Zenya finally spoke and wipe her face with the back of her palm. "I hope we could put an end to this war so no one will no longer suffer. It has been years and years!"

"I think you're forgetting something," said Yelena. "We already found someone who could possibly put an end in this war...Wisteria."

Zenya glared at her.

"Hey, someone might hear you!" Carter hissed.

"What? Everyone will going to know anyway."

"She will be known in the General's perfect time. We cannot let our guards down talking about her identity. You know that someone tried to turn her in." said Zenya in undertone. "And that someone is from her own regiment."

"You don't think that some of the Specialist are traitors too?" Yelena whispered.

Zenya looked ahead. "Some might be. Who knows?"

"We should be helping. Let's go."

The three Magic Wielders help evacuate the civilians and sent them to their temporary shelter. A unit of Specialist were tasked to keep a watch over the village in case the Aldanors come back.

When everyone are at the evacuation shelter, Zenya went to help warm everyone with her fire summoning ability. She had a mix of love and hate for this kind of mission. Most of the time, Zenya works at the palace but she likes it when she was sent to faraway places for a change. But she hates what she sees there. She'd seen enough loss and sufferings already. From the beginning she set foot on the palace and until now, all she ever wanted was to see some change in her motherland, Eritrea.

The only changes Zenya could recall on the top of her head is when Darkus Valinor became the leader of the Eritrean Army. That was only when the Magic Wielders are given much more of importance and acknowledgement for what they do for the country. Zenya could tell that even the King fears their General.

But unlike the non-magic King, a powerful Shadow Summoner couldn't dampen the Aldanor's plan to eliminate all the Magic Wielders from the face of the kingdom. But now that they have found the holder of Order Magic, everyone are given hope at last! All they had to do now is to wait for the Mist to be destroyed and use their power to make the kingdom a better place.

As the night fell in, Zenya and the others went inside their own tent and took their sleeping bags.

"What a day!" said Carter as he take off his boots and went inside his bag.