Chapter 13:The Fourth Crew

THE Gallow perfectly knew how to get out of any trouble. They had plenty of experiences they can count of. They thought nothing could go wrong for them, or so they thought.

It's the third day of their visit in Kestramore and the crew hasn't heard from Gabinski yet. No letters or news about his whereabouts.

"Any news from your friends?" Alphonse asked Wendale.

"Good news, there is." said Wendale brightly. "Someone told me that they knew someone that match his description outside the city and also a constable told me that they recently caught a smuggler whose name was Dimitri Stjernvall."

"Did this constable told you where they had taken this man?"

"You think it was him?" said Zhoya.

"There's only one way to find out."

"You're going to go after our second lead than the one that matches his description?" Wendale throw Alphonse a puzzled look.

"Gabinski is smart enough to hide his real identity if he got caught. Everyone in the illegal industry knew about this." he told them. "We need to go after him, we can't leave without our pay."

Wendale looked hesitant, but in the end he just let it be.

"If it was really him, releasing him would be difficult." Wendale interjected. "He was taken at the Doom Hall."

"Doom Hall?" Zhoya repeated, frowning.

"It's a prison, a heavily guarded prison." Wendale clarified. "Only few knew about this place and the security is really tight. No one is allowed to visit unless you'll have a visitor's slip that will take a month to process."

"Can't we buy our way in?" asked Alphonse.

"We're not in Ravndal, Al." Zhoya remind him. "We don't know how things work here."

"Agreed."

But then again, nothing would stop Alphonse from achieving his goal wherever he is. He thought what to do next. But each plan hits a rock bottom. He realized that his crew was right, he doesn't have any control over things at East Eritrea and he knew less about it. So, at the end, he thought of a new tactics that will help them to face the worse.

It took him a few minutes of silence before he spoke again.

"I think we need another crew."

Both Wendale and Zhoya cast Alphonse an incredulous look. They couldn't believe their ears.

"I thought you're no longer looking for one?" Zhoya's brows furrowed.

"Change of plans. I need someone who knows everything about here - from the places, people and rules. And someone who wasn't owned already."

No one objected. They knew once Alphonse made up his mind, nothing can change it.

"I knew someone." Wendale spoke. "I met someone from the Black Market. I think you'd like to meet him."

"Just make sure the qirsh I'll spent on this is worth it."

"Since when did I fail you?"

The three of them traveled to the black market Wendale was talking about. They arrived at Redlevard's market. Wendale lead them the way. The market was crowded with people. Wherever you look at, there's a store and stalls. Alphonse looked around, he was careful not to bump into Novicoff or one of his men. They shall not see each other.

"This way, boss." Wendale called and walked into a dark, narrow alley.

No one goes here or perhaps no one knew about this place. People passing by doesn't seem to be paying attention into it. Alphonse looked around before following his crew. At the end of the alley was an old-looking arrow sign that says to Black Market.