sixteen.

Morgana and Ominis left later the next day so they could spend the rest of the weekend together, just the two of them. Morgana gave me her address so she and I could write to each other. I was glad to have made a new friend.

Sebastian and I spent the rest of the weekend indoors, cozying up by the fire and enjoying each other's company. I'd thought a lot about our time with Morgana and Ominis. It was fun overall, but I still couldn't shake the jealousy I felt at seeing Sebastian with another woman. Even if I did like her, it still rubbed me the wrong way. Whereas Sebastian seemed to get turned on by seeing the two of us together, I just got angry. It wasn't until Sunday night that we even talked about our time in the Room.

"If I ask you a question, do you promise to answer honestly," I asked.

"I'll do my best," he said, looking confused.

"Did you have more fun with Morgana than you do with me? Was she better than me?"

"So you were jealous," he smirked. "That's why you used a safe word, isn't it?"

"I'm the one asking the questions," I protested.

"If you want honesty, you've gotta give honesty. Answer my question and I'll answer yours." We had a stare-off for a moment, but I caved.

"Fine. Yes, I was jealous. I didn't like watching you use her," I confessed.

"That's all it was, though. Using her. I'd never put myself in a position to get attached to her. Not when I have you and she's with my best friend."

"I'm glad to hear that, but was she better than me?"

"Not even close," he told me, grabbing my hand. "What you and I have makes everything else subpar. I could be fucking the most talented person in the world, but they wouldn't compare to what it's like when I'm with you. You're the only person I've given my entire self to, and that makes you the best I've ever been with."

"How are you so fucking charming," I asked, a small smile spreading across my face.

"It just come naturally," he shrugged. "Now come closer and give me a hug." I scooted closer to him and relaxed as we embraced each other.

—————

The weather chilled faster than I liked and we were soon met with snow. It wasn't even officially winter, but it felt like it. November was flying by and Christmas break would be here before we knew it. The Yule Ball would be happening the night before most of the students were to head home.

Hogsmeade's clothing shop was backed up with orders and had set their hours to 'by appointment only'. Those who could afford to do so sent their measurements to their families, so ordered their dresses and robes elsewhere. I had no clue what I was going to wear or where I was going to get my dress, but I needed to do it soon if I was to get it tailored.

I wrote to Morgana and asked her if she had any recommendations. She replied saying that she knew of a few places and invited me to stay with her during the upcoming weekend. I agreed and let Sebastian know. It would be the first time since our fight that I wouldn't be sleeping next to him. I was looking forward to seeing Morgana again, but I was going to miss Sebastian.

"Are you sure you can't come and see Ominis while I'm with Morgana? We could stay at an inn together and make a fun weekend of it," I told him as he watched me pack.

"I wish I could, but I've gotta get caught up on work before break starts. I've been slacking, so this will be the perfect time to get ahead of things." He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'll miss you terribly," he told me before kissing my neck. I leaned into him.