twenty.

Even though I'd figured out what was going on, hearing the question asked out loud put me at a loss of words. I tried to speak, but just stuttered over the words I wanted to say. Enough time had passed that I ended up just furiously nodding and crying.

"Yes," Sebastian asked, making sure that's what I meant.

"Uh huh," I finally got out, nodding even more. Sebastian smiled the most wonderful smile I'd ever seen as he pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it to show a beautiful ring. It was a gold band that held an amethyst that was surrounded by tiny cuts of moonstone. It was the prettiest ring I'd ever seen.

"I got this the same day I got your pinky ring," he told me as he slid the ring into my finger. "I knew I wanted to spend my life with you. I just needed the right moment to ask."

"I love you," I cried, finally letting myself jump into his arms.

"I love you, too, fiancée." Sebastian picked me up and spun me around. Our friends rushed us as soon as he sat me down, all asking to see the ring. I showed it off and couldn't help but feel pride. I was engaged to Sebastian, the most handsome, thoughtful man I'd ever met.

"Did you guys all know about this," I asked my friends. They all smiled and nodded.

"Do you really think I'd come here just to chaperone," Imelda asked, laughing.

"I should've known something was up as soon as I saw you," I laughed back.

I held onto Sebastian's hand with my free one as I showed off the ring. After my friends had looked at it, the students and other staff members wanted to see. My heart was about to burst, especially as Sebastian squeezed my hand three times as I was talking to Mirabel.

"Let me handle the floral arrangements for your wedding. It'll be my gift to you both," she insisted. I hugged and thanked her. It was wild to hear her say wedding. As in my wedding. I was going to get MARRIED.

After showing off for awhile, I had to sit down. Everything felt so overwhelming and surreal in the absolute best way. I looked down at my ring and smiled.

"How are you," Ominis asked as he sat down next to me.

"I'm amazing," I answered truthfully. "Did you know he was going to do this for awhile," I asked.

"He told me after your first night together that he was going to be with you. I was with him when he picked out the ring."

"You kept it a secret for that long?"

"I'm a great Secret Keeper."

"I'd say. Thank you for being such a good friend to both of us."

"Of course. Either of you would do the same."

"Absolutely." I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. "And who knows. Maybe we'll trade places soon and we'll be there for your engagement." I bumped his shoulder with mine.

"I am quite head over heels for Morgana," he smiled.

"I'm glad you're happy. I'm glad everyone's happy. I'm glad I'm happy." I looked down at my ring and smiled. None of this felt real, it was like the best dream I could ever have. I looked up at Sebastian and saw him talking with Natty and her mother. He locked eyes with me and winked, causing my heart to flutter.

The Yule Ball ended at midnight to confetti raining down from the ceiling. Those of us who were still there took this as our cue to leave. The gang and I decided to keep the celebration going at the Three Broomsticks since they would be open until 3am. I also couldn't wait to show off to Sirona, who I knew would be thrilled.