twenty-three.

I slept without any nightmares and woke up peacefully in Sebastian's arms. I didn't want to move, I was so cozy, but I had to use the bathroom. I sighed and slowly removed myself from his hold.

My body ached a bit as I walked to the bathroom. Sebastian and I had messed around into the late hours of the night and I was sore from all of the activity. It was hard to believe that I once never really cared if I had sex or not. With Sebastian, it was a need.

After using the restroom, I got into my bag and pulled out my toiletries. My hair was a mess and desperately needed brushed. I ran my brush through it a few times, getting out all the tangles and smoothing it. Once satisfied, I reentered the bedroom. Sebastian was sitting up in the bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning, hot stuff," I greeted as I walked back to the bed. 

"Morning, sweet cheeks," he said, playing along with the silly name.

"How'd you sleep?" I climbed back in next to him.

"Like a rock. You wore me out last night."

"I wore you out," I laughed. "I'm the one that can barely walk straight, I'm so sore."

"Something to remember me by," he joked.

"As if I could ever forget you." I rubbed my hand through his hair, messing it up even more.

Sebastian and I ordered breakfast and ate it in bed. We fed each other and were just being sickeningly cute together when there was a knock on the door. We weren't expecting anyone, so we were both confused. Sebastian called out to them to hang on and we quickly got dressed.

"What the hell," Sebastian whispered to himself as he looked through the peephole. When he opened the door, Ominis walked in. "What are you doing here?"

"Is everything okay," I asked. "How did you know we were here?"

"I sent him an owl telling him in case anything happened," Sebastian told me.

"So did something happen?" I was shocked to see him.

"I did it," he said. "I broke the curse." He tried to look neutral, but I could tell he was proud and excited.

"Seriously," Sebastian and I exclaimed in unison.

"I've barely slept in weeks, but I did it." He pulled a delicate gold necklace out of his pocket. "This is what was sent to you."

I grabbed the necklace and looked it over. It was hard to believe that something so small and dainty could've held such terrible power.

"Were you able to figure out what it was meant to do," Sebastian asked as I examined the necklace.

"I think so. There was a note, too," Ominis said as he pulled a small piece of paper out of his other pocket. "Morgana found it tucked under the lining. It says 'An eye for an eye'."

Sebastian took the paper and stared at it closely. I looked over at it, too, trying to recognize the handwriting. It didn't look familiar.

"I think whoever touched the necklace was meant to kill someone," Ominis told us.

"It's a rather feminine piece of jewelry. I think I was meant to be the one to grab it," I said, absolutely bewildered. "I would've killed you." I looked at Sebastian, horrified at what could've happened.

"I think that's exactly what whoever sent this was wanting," Ominis agreed.

"Who would do this? Didn't Ranrok kill his brother? Did he have any other family," Sebastian asked. I shook my head, not knowing. "Thank you for working so hard, Ominis." Sebastian walked towards our friend and hugged him.