chapter 12 cove of ancestor's

Ayr'ite pov

After what happened yesterday I really needed to do something to get my mind off of things so tsireya suggested that we go to the coven of ancestors it's like the spirit tree but underwater.

But now we are all sitting on this rock as lo'ak told us about what happened yesterday.

As he was telling us about a tulkun he saw.

"I wished I had been there the ocean blessed you with a gift brother," kiri says with a smile.

"The tulkun have not returned and anyway no tulkun is ever alone," Aonung tries to explain.

"Well this one was he had a missing fin like a stub on his left side," lo'ak said pointing at his are.

"Poor tulkun," tuk said with sympathy.

"Payakan," tsireya says looking at everyone.

"Who's payakan," kiri said confused.

"A young bull who went roge he's outcast all alone and he has a missing fin," rotxo explains.

"They say he is a killer," tsireya says to lo'ak,

" no no," lo'ak says not wanting to believe what was being told to him.

" he has killed navi and other tulkun not here but far in the south," Aonung says.

"No no he's not a killer," lo'ak says now getting angry.

"Lo'ak you are lucky to be alive," tsireya says grabbing lo'ak arm.

"I'm telling you guys he saved my life," lo'ak says looking at everyone.

"He's my friend," lo'ak said.

"My baby bro the mighty warrior who face the killer tulkun and lived to tell about is," neteyam said standing up and putting his hands on lo'ak shoulder.

Lo'ak shrugs him of as he stand up sand says "you guys aren't listening," he said starting to walk away.

"No no lo'ak I'm listening," tuk says no liking the fact her brother is upset.

"Lo'ak come back you skxawng," kiri said As he leaves.

After all this tsireya suggested that we go to the cove of ancestors.

As we rode there on are ilu we look up to see the cove and it looks beautiful.

"This is the cove of ancestors are most secred place," tsireya said looking back at all of us.

We all look up at it in awh

"Eclipse is the best time of day to be here," tsireya explained to us.

As we ride into cave there is a big glowing blue light below us.

"This is it the spirit tree," tsireya said moving her hand over it to show us.

As we get off are ilu and swim under I hold neteyam hand the hole way down when we get there tsireya signs for us to attach are queue to the tree as I look aver to neteyam as he dose so and I follow shortly after him.

The first thing I see once I close my eyes is the forest I then look up to see a big glowing light.

"You have a very special gift my child," the glowing light says.

I soon realised it was eywa talking to me .

"What is my gift grate mother," I ask her.

But I get no response as I open my eyes to be back in the water I look over and see kiri shacking violently she is having a seizure.

We all quickly move to get her out of the water neteyam grabes her and Peter her on his ilu as he start cpr.

"What is wrong what is it," tuk asked getting out of the water.

"It was a seizure," neteyam replied now doing mouth to mouth.

"Is she breathing," rotxo asked "is she breathing," he asked again not getting and answer from neteyam.

"She will be ok," I try to reassure him.

"Get her to the village," tsireya says with panic in her voice.

"Come on move," neteyam says putting kiri onto his ilu.

"Tuk let's go," tsireya says helping tuk onto her ilu.

As I ride right behind neteyam I wonder what eywa ment when she said I had a gift and how long it would be before I found out what is was.