chapter 22 Labour

Ayr'ite pov

The hut was a mess there was stuff everywhere and since I was on bed rest and could only walk around the hut I also had the job to clean it to.

So I got to work picking up stuff when neteyam walks in.

"Hey did you have fun catching fish for dinner tonight," I ask him.

"Yeah caught a lot wanna see," he replied.

I nod my head as I see him with a big bag of fish that will probably only last for about 2 days for us.

"Wow that's a lot of fish," I say looking at the big bag.

"Yeah I know took a long time catching all of this so what are you doing," he says now sitting down next to me.

"Oh just cleaning up after lasts nights party," I say picking up something.

"No you should be in bed let me do it," he said grabbing what was in my hand and putting it back.

"Ma neteyam I am fine to do stuff in the hut I just can't walk for a very long time but cleaning up is perfectly fine," I say going back to cleaning.

Just as I was putting something back I felt a sharp pain in my stomach wich caused me to drop the thing I was putting back grabbing my stomach in pain.

Neteyam instantly turned around and put his hand on my back as tears started to form in my eyes from the pain.

"What's wrong are you baby," he asked his eyes full of concern.

"I think the baby's are coming," I say as a goan leaves my mouth as I double over and almost fall but neteyam catches me.

"Hey what's going on," jake says as he walks in.

"Ayr'ite is is labour," neteyam quickly replied.

"Ok come on we need to go to Ronal," jake said grabbing my arm and slowly taking us to Ronal.

As we get there she sees us and instantly stands up.

"What is wrong," she asked ardently.

"I'm in labour," I say breathlessly.

"It is traditionally we would give birth underwater but I understand stand if you would like to give birth in one of the many unused huts," Ronal said.

"Umm a hut would be fine," I replied.

"Ok come we must be quick," she said getting her bowl of treatment.

We follow her into one of the unused huts neteyam lies me down on the mat.

Ronal unties my loin cloth and looks down.

"Ok you are very close we will just have to wait a few minutes before you start pushing," she said putting a blanket over my legs.

I look up to neteyam who is sitting next to me holding my hand.

"Ma neteyam I'm scared," I mumble with tears in my eye.

"It will be ok baby I'm going to be here the hole way through," he says with a smile.

I lean up and give him a kiss on the lips I'm so grateful I have such an amazing husband like him and I wouldn't charge it for the world.

Next chapter will be the birth so stay turned.