26 Parliament

Nasa labas ako ngayon ng Palace court at iniintay ko na lamang na tawagin ako para papasukin.

"I'm nervous." sabi ko kay Farra.

Nginitian naman nya ako bago ayusin ang buhok ko. "You'll do well, Your Highness. Just let your mind and heart speak."

Tumango ako bago nagpakawala ng hangin. Kinakabahan ako. This is my first time meeting them.

Hinarap ko sya. "I am really nervous." sabi ko muli.

Tinawanan naman nya ako kahit walang nakakatawa. How can she laugh when I am so nervous?

"I didn't prepare any speech! I don't know what to say anymore. Should I cancel it? But they will be disappointed." napasandal na ako sa pader habang nakayuko.

Dapat pala nagsulat nalang ako ng speech at sinaulo.

"You don't need that. I know you can do it." natatawang sabi nya.

Kaibigan ko ba talaga sya? I'm really nervous here and she's just laughing at me!

Iniwasan ko sya at naglakad lakad para mapakalma ang sarili. "Ofcourse I need that! What if I forgot what to say? Nakakahiya iyon!"

Hinuli nya ang kamay ko at pinahinto. "Calm down, Princess. Breathe. Inhale..." sinunod ko naman sya. "Exhale. Good. Now, listen to me. Do you remember what your Grandma said to you when you asked why she doesn't have a speech on paper?"

Napaisip naman ako at dahil siguro sa nyerbos ay hindi na ako makapag-isip ng mabuti. Umiling ako sa kanya.

"A real Queen doesn't need a speech written in a piece of paper. She speaks her mind and her heart. That's what will you do."

But I do need that piece of paper. Paano kung nakalimutan ko ang sasabihin? I was so confident but then...

"I'm not a Queen."

Umiling sya at ngumiti. "Not yet. But you are a Queen in making. Start acting like a Queen and you'll be fine."

Act like a Queen? How? I don't know how a Queen act.

"But Farra-" bago pa ako matapos ay nagsalita na sya.

"Nah uh. You got this. Queen Margaret's blood is flowing in you. Don't disappoint your ancestors, and your teachers, they didn't trained you to do nothing and to be afraid of speaking."

She's right. I shouldn't let them down. I got this. I am Princess Eliza and I know what to do. I got this.

"Thank you Farra."

"I know you can do it."

Sabay kaming napalingon nang bumukas ang pintuan. Bumugad sa amin ang isang lalaki at yumuko sya bilang pag-galang. "You can now enter the court, Your Highness."

Tinapik ni Farra ang kamay ko at nginitian. "Dito lang ako. Kaya mo 'yan."

Huminga ako nang malalim bago pumasok sa loob. This is my first time entering the royal court and I am really shocked to see the inside of it. A lot of people are standing now to show me their respects, including my Father and Mother.

"Welcome to the Royal court, Your Highness." sabay nilang sabi.

Tumango ako at pumunta sa isang gilid kung nasaan ang mic. Lahat sila ay naupo pero ako ay nanatiling nakatayo at inayos ang mic na nakaharap sa akin.

I looked at my parents who's now sitting and giving me their attention. I know my Mother was also shocked by this but this is my decision.

"Good afternoon to all of you. I know you know me by my name and by my face because you can see me on the news; and I am here to clear my name." tiningnan ko silang lahat at ramdam ko ang panginginig ng kamay ko sa kaba pero hindi ako sumuko. I need to do this. "As a Princess, I know the rules and I know what's wrong and what's right. I know that dating Prince Luthor isn't wrong but the wrong is that I am lying to the people that I care about. I also know that I should atleast avoid the media because it will ruin my name once they knew that I am the Nethelor's Princess. I am assuring you all that from now on, I will do my best to avoid the media. No need for me to break Prince Luthor's heart just for my sake."