Ch 10: Bandit Attack pt1

Date: December, 2023

Italica Castle/Formal Clan Mansion

Maverick's Pov

Piña and her subordinate from earlier Hamilton brief us on the current situation. Italica is one of the Empire's major economic hub run by a noble family called the Formal Clan. Unfortunately the head of the family Colt Formal died during the Battle of Ginza.

He was one of the nobles that I didn't shoot. So maybe he died from someone else.

His death caused a temporary conflict in his family over who would succeed him; ultimately the youngest daughter Myui succeeded him as the new head of the clan who is only eleven years old.

Poor kid and poor Colt. From the sound of it he seem like one of the "Good" nobles.

And apparently, most of the nobles and professional soldiers were sent to the Gate, too. And we all know what happened to those guys. Since then, public order has fallen apart and current head has had no prior training or experience in leading soldiers into combat. Piña has assumed command of what's left of the city's militia here, but I, Rakaki, Towson and Takahashi can tell she's green herself.

Pina: Let me get this straight, you and your soldiers are offering to help us defend the city.

Towson & Takahashi:*emotionless*💢 Excuse me?

Me: Yeah...I don't think any merchants here are in the mood to buy dragon scales right now. Also the ones in my uniform(Woodland MARPAT). Are not soldiers, but marines. Calling us a soldier is considered an insult.

Pina:*looking at the two's death glare* R-right.

Itami:*giving Mui another chocolate bar* Plus, you can't exactly conduct trade if the city's razed to the ground.

Pina: Very well then...I'll assign your forces to occupy and guard the South Gate.

Me, Itami & Rakaki: No.

Pina: No?

Me: By no, we mean that not all of our forces will be in one spot.

Rakaki: Meaning, a quarter of us will be at the North, South, East and West gate.

Pina looked like she wanted to protest and say something else, but closed her mouth knowing that Rakaki is right.

Pina: If this helps defend the city better, then so be it.

Me: Thank you, M'Lady.*on the radio* All units, set up defensive positions at the North, South, East and West gate, over.

Everyone:*on the radio* Yes, sir.

Timeskip

South Gate Wall

Several hours after the order was given to the soldiers and marines to go to certain positions on each gate. I radioed base about predicament, hopefully getting us reinforcements. I can also see that Pina and Hamilton are watching us from a far. The sun begin to set I see Fernandes decide to get the duffel bag out from earlier.

With us on the wall of the South Gate. Are myself, Towson, Takahashi, Itami, Rory, Tomtia, Shino, Tuka, Pusley, Clarks(1DR), Thomas, Ito(1DR), Kurokawa, Takeo, Lelei, and Sato(1DR).

Takeo:*to Fernandes* If you don't mind me asking. What are you doing?

Fernandes: You'll see. Cap! Ant!

Everyone/Takahashi: Ant?

Towson: Yeah?

Me: What is it?

I put my M16E3 in the vehicle and he open the duffel bag to reveal the "Insurance Policies". And let's just say.....

Shino, Thomas & Pusley:*shocked* Holy shit......

Fernandes:*to Towson* For you.

M2 Stinger

Fernandes:*to Me* For you

SCAR-L GL

Fernandes: And for me

AA-12

Everyone:

Everyone:............

Itami: Is that a freakin'-

Fernandes: M2 Stinger machine gun used in WW2 by the marines. And yes this model works. A SCAR-L with a Schlager 3.4x scope and a grenade launcher. And a AA-12 full auto shotgun with a Commando Foregrip, a FSS OLE-V Laser sight and a Corio RE-X Pro Reflex sight.

We began inspecting the guns. Towson and Fernandes change their mag pouches for LMG and drum mag pouches.

Pusley: Not to be that one guy. But how in the fuck did you manage to get that thing here?

Fernandes: Called in a good friend of ours in MARSOC. And he manage to get them for us. He said I still owe him one.

Ito: What does he owe you?

Fernandes: Saved him after a he was hit by an IED and ambush by the Taliban. He would survive the encounter but he came back to one of our bases and...........Well you can say he's like us, but more on stealth side. He goes by the nickname Nazgul. And may have God have mercy on those that who do harm to innocent meet him and watch the shadows with a careful eye, for he has None and the shadows won't help you when you hide.

Myself and everyone else shivered in fright. Even turned pale Rory.

Me: God I hope some dumbass doesn't do something down right stupid.